Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well, it finally happened. Getting in my car today I managed to spiderweb my screen. I'm heartbroken.

On the upside, I have insurance on it. But it was my first Pre. And I had NO issues with it. Ugh. Here's to hoping I get a decent replacement.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Sorry to hear that. Hope you get a NEW replacement and a good one too. =)
    how did u spider web it? Just droped it? I've droped mine like 20times guess im lucky. Now im scared.
    So it is glass...
  5.    #5  
    I'm assuming I hit it with the door when I was closing it. I didn't have it in a hard case, just a Golla Bag. I'll try to get a decent photo if I can.
  6.    #6  
    Not the best pic, but you can see the cracks. Must have hit it just right.

Insurance says they can't overnight the Pre, so it'll be 3-5 business days.

That's really shame. I am sure you probably took care of your pre quite well too. It's that one mistake that does it :-/. So I'm assuming you had to pay $100 for it?
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    good luck, id tell asurion if they can express any other device, they can express the pre.
    Did you call or go to the website phoneclaim.com?
    I work at a repair center and usually asurion claims made before 2pm would be there the next day I thought
    Oh my! I have ALWAYS carried my phones in my front left pocket. Always in a simple case like thin leather or the cloth one that came with the Pre. Always make sure the face is against my leg. Now as some may know I a full time Firefighter. And yes it is ALWAYS with me. After 3 years you should see the back (cracks,chips) of my 750wx, front near perfect.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Friends, family...trolls, we gather here today to honor and celebrate this Pre's life. While it's life may have been short, Pre led an active life full of synergy and gestures. It didn't just tell you were the restaurant was, it took you there. Pre never complained that it just ate there yesterday. It sang gloriously thru Pandora while texting friends. Pre always had an App-etite for more, unfortunately Pre's life was tragically cut short before 1.2 and the full App Catalog. This Pre may be gone, but it will never be forgetten. May it rest in peace.
    Hmmm. Assurion used to always overnight me the phone replacement. Wonder if they've changed. With verizon wireless I always got a replacement the next day.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I dropped mine on the ground getting out of the car....I have got to get a case ASAP!!!
    The phone is very very slippery with its glossy front and back. One thing that helps is the touchstone back or possible an invis shield
  15.    #15  
    Im assuming I crunched it between the door and my leg getting in. It didn't FEEL that hard, but that doesn't mean I didn't manage to find the sweet spot. Which I obviously did. I'm on vacation next week so I'm not in a huge hurry for the phone. This just means I might actually get left alone on my vaca for a change. Take that boss! However, I now how tons of tweaks and apps to download again.

Bah. I'll miss that lil rascal.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
    Friends, family...trolls, we gather here today to honor and celebrate this Pre's life. While it's life may have been short, Pre led an active life full of synergy and gestures. It didn't just tell you were the restaurant was, it took you there. Pre never complained that it just ate there yesterday. It sang gloriously thru Pandora while texting friends. Pre always had an App-etite for more, unfortunately Pre's life was tragically cut short before 1.2 and the full App Catalog. This Pre may be gone, but it will never be forgetten. May it rest in peace.
    LOL Thanks for the laugh...I needed that.
    my brother had the hard case and his still got a nasty crack that made touch sensors stop working on half the screen... he was carrying out his girlfriends luggage and dropped it on some gravel... but to ease your pain his replacement phone from insurance was brand new and has an amazing build quality, so good it almost makes me wanna break my phone just to get a replacement(but not really)
    i dont have the insurrance. I live life dangerously i guess.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kaydb View Post
    I dropped mine on the ground getting out of the car....I have got to get a case ASAP!!!
    I have a case, the plastic (rubberized feel) style. Very nice case. My stupid *** never got around to getting a screen shield though and I dropped it two nights ago. It bounced off the case and onto the screen in a parking lot. I have a line of 5 small scratches on my screen now. It hurts, it really hurts.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I have an invisishield and have dropped mine. It survived fine without any scratches. Glad I invested!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast