Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Yeah I had invisishield at one point. Doubt it would have helped this. I wish they had a nice otterbox for it like they have for the iphone (I know, I know. Another iphone comparision). Then it would be safe from splashes out on the boat as well.
    It's hard to make a good case for the Pre. Something that still allows you to access the slider, but still covers the sides, top, bottom, and back without making it look like a grenade. No form fit cover has done it in my opinion but the Body Glove for the Pre is close. Right now I think a solid pouch is the way to go. I am waiting for my Vaja pouch to be sewn together (25 days is ridiculous!), but the tough leather they use is unmatched. I don't have insurance for my little slice of heaven, just an invisible shield, soon a solid pouch, and enough love and care to be a daddy. :P
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    I have a case, the plastic (rubberized feel) style. Very nice case. My stupid *** never got around to getting a screen shield though and I dropped it two nights ago. It bounced off the case and onto the screen in a parking lot. I have a line of 5 small scratches on my screen now. It hurts, it really hurts.
    Well that's good to know...I want a rubber case...I figured that would help a little if I drop it...guess not...I tried an invisi shield and just couldn't get the bubbles to go away... I wish I had just put the phone in my purse...
    Amen
    As fragile as this phone seems to be, I'd for sure not own one without insurance.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I cracked my screen yesterday and I haven't a clue how. I called Asurion as soon as I got home from classand the first thing they say is, "The fastest way of getting a replacement is by going to our website." So I hung up and did that, filled out all the necessary forms and then was told I had to call and get in touch with a representative. Called the same number back and was now told to go back to their website to print the affidavit form and make a copy of my license which would need to be faxed to them. Since I didn't have a fax machine at my disposal I had to wait for this morning. Faxed the forms over and called them when I finished working today. They said that the Pre was back ordered and would take 5-7 days at the most but hopefully less. We shall see. The woman I spoke with was very nice, though.
  7.    #27  
    Wow, that's BS that they put you through that. I started off on their website and ended up having to call in. I called in, was on the phone for maybe 5 minutes. They said 3-5 business days until I had it, but according to FedEx, it's out on the truck for delivery. I hope you don't have to wait that long. That would suck.
    Yeah, I thought the insurance thing was a joke until I found out how fragile this phone is. I've babied it since launch, but it got spider-webbed this weekend and the screen went permanently dark.

Fortunately, one of my local Sprint reps was able to get me a new one switched out at no charge whatsoever, but if I have any future Pre hardware issues, I'm jumping to another device without a second thought.
    Well, it'll certainly up your geek quotient significantly, but a case sitting on your belt is probably the best protection. I have the Palm side case, and I like it a lot. It's not impossible for it to get crunched there, I suppose, but there is some padding and shock absorption. It's also not going to fall out. If the Pre is on me, it's in my case.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by hnharrison24 View Post
    Wow, that's BS that they put you through that. I started off on their website and ended up having to call in. I called in, was on the phone for maybe 5 minutes. They said 3-5 business days until I had it, but according to FedEx, it's out on the truck for delivery. I hope you don't have to wait that long. That would suck.
    Apparently the give you the absolute worst case scenario because I woke up to an email this morning saying my phone was picked up by Fed-Ex and that it would be here tomorrow by 3 which just happens to be my Birthday! Thanks for the great Birthday present Asurion!
  11.    #31  
    Glad to hear it hockey. I'm in my new baby now. Its a refurb, but so far actually better than my old 'new' one. I've got a snap on case with a holster. Geeky but hopefully safer.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I know how you feel i cracked the crap out of my first one and almost cried, called assurion and almost cried at paying 100 bux for a replacement pre, but i did and you know what!? three weeks later my touchscreen died, but they replace it under warranty and had it here in less than 48 hours which i received it yesterday, but this time i left the plastic screen protector on(i just cut off the tab) i understand the pain
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12