1.    #1  
    I have a challenge for you all. Go with out using your Pre for two days! I had to send mine back to Palm for a replacement, nice cracks everywhere. But, I have been using my Rant for the past week. It really makes you appreciate your Pre and helps points out what you like or dislike about it too.

I really LOVE the multitasking, smooth interface, great screen. The one thing my Rant has my Pre doesn't, is a notification light. It flashes red when I have notifications, and is green when plugged in and charged. I hope Palm implements this into the Pre one day.
    Curious though why you didn't just get it swapped out at Sprint.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Funny. I have both a pre and rant too and would probably go insane being stuck with just my rant for two days... And believe it or not my rants battery life is probrbly worse.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Actually if you look at an older article is shows the led notification alert with 1.2.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    So do you have to send it back??? Or can you just go into a sprint store?? (I got mine at BB by the way does that matter?) Cause I just dropped my Pre this AM on the concrete and not to happy with all the dents I have now on my screen!!
  6.    #6  
    I sent my Pre back to Palm because Sprint wanted to charge me the $100 insurance deductible for cracks I felt were a manufacturer defect. I tried multiple Sprint stores, and they all said they would be happy to file the insurance claim for me. But why do that when Palm will replace for free using manufacturer warentee.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kaydb View Post
    So do you have to send it back??? Or can you just go into a sprint store?? (I got mine at BB by the way does that matter?) Cause I just dropped my Pre this AM on the concrete and not to happy with all the dents I have now on my screen!!
    Yeah, you did that so you'll have to file a claim and pay the $100 if they even allow you to file the claim since the phone still works fine and you still have it.

You could always "lose it" I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by zna03 View Post
    Yeah, you did that so you'll have to file a claim and pay the $100 if they even allow you to file the claim since the phone still works fine and you still have it.

You could always "lose it" I guess.
    Actually the insurance we have from Sprint would allow you to take a hammer to the phone in the store in front of the guy, and then say "here is it broke enough now?"
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    I went without my Pre (and a phone all together) for a week 2 months ago. My Pre just stopped working, and I was working in CT at the time and couldn't get to a store in NY. The store in CT first "fixed" it (didn't), had to take it back and they ordered a new one. My Pre still didn't work, and I didn't have a backup. It was horrible.
    There is no way I would ever go 2 days without my PDA. No way. A trip to the store for a replacement if need be.
    I unfortunately had to go without my for 5 weeks. It was painful to say the least. I spent 1 excruciatingly painful week with a 2.5 yr old Samsung M300. Uggh. The other 4 weeks, I spent with my last phone, (after I found it) a Samsung Instinct.

I truly appreciate all of the things that Palm has gotten right about the Pre when I got my new replacement last night.
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    i had to go a week! :/ first phone got a lil wet and let it dry for three days... worked like a charm, went out to the lake, leaned over a bucket, and the damned thing fell into a good three inches of water!

called asurance after the weekend and got it sent to me the next day(tuesday.