Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I think, even without WiFi, and with the 2mpixel camera, the Pixi is still a very nice phone, it looks great, its thin as hell, still has 8gb of storage, the screen even displays more colors than most HTC phones, still a touch screen, and the keypad looks like its the same one as the Pre, which I've grown to really love. If I were on a budget, 50 dollar savings up front would definitely appeal to me. I get it. I get the Pixi. I'll keep my Pre, but now, my mother can likely get a really nice phone for not a lotta bucks.
    You forgot to mention the reduced processor, RAM, reduced resolution & screen, etc. 50 dollars really would be that significant to you considering you'd have to shell out 70 a month for the cheapest plan?

    Since there is no wifi, these users will use even more sprint data.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    No ringer switch?!? What kind of a Palm Device doesn't have a ringer switch on/off?!
    It does on the side
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    Pre for me. Pixi for my wife.
    My wife hates it when I show her new phones... Not this time. She is geeking out right now. Pretty funny coming from the girl who still has a two year old slider phone "because it's not broken".
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    You forgot to mention the reduced processor, RAM, reduced resolution & screen, etc. 50 dollars really would be that significant to you considering you'd have to shell out 70 a month for the cheapest plan?

    Since there is no wifi, these users will use even more sprint data.
    I couldn't find any specs on the qualcomm processor, do you have a link? I googled it this morning, but only got vague articles about the Pixi.
  5. #25  
    Pre for me
  6. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #26  
    They really should have gone bigger because there's probably more of a market for those who want a bigger flat screen.

    I actually like the form factor of the pixi because it "should" be more solid and the phone relies so heavily on the keyboard. But i really don't know who is so desperate for $50 that they'd settle for a smaller screen and less specs.

    It's a nice product and I imagine the hype of a new product may entice some people but in a few months I can't imagine anyone actually weighing out the differences and choosing that.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    They really should have gone bigger because there's probably more of a market for those who want a bigger flat screen.

    I actually like the form factor of the pixi because it "should" be more solid and the phone relies so heavily on the keyboard. But i really don't know who is so desperate for $50 that they'd settle for a smaller screen and less specs.

    It's a nice product and I imagine the hype of a new product may entice some people but in a few months I can't imagine anyone actually weighing out the differences and choosing that.
    A starter plan for a starter phone would be a start..:P
  8. #28  
    One possible advantage of the Pixi is that it's easier to make a leather case for it for those who like that kind of protection.

    I still have a Centro on contract, but would certainly consider both Pre and Pixi if I were able to upgrade.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    I always thought the Pre should have had a 3.5" screen anyway and now to downgrade even more is not even an option.
    I second that. I'd like a slightly bigger screen than the Pre ... smaller is really not an option IMO. Throw in no wifi and less CPU power, and I'm not even slightly interested.

    Having said that, it's a cool looking device to me and should go over well with the younger crowd. Small size, always-there keyboard, and enough web browsing power to be fun.
  10. Mpre's Avatar
    Posts
    143 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #30  
    Hey if you slide out the keyboard on the Pre....you get a Pixi.

    Great idea Palm!
  11. geodim's Avatar
    Posts
    276 Posts
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    My wife hates it when I show her new phones... Not this time. She is geeking out right now. Pretty funny coming from the girl who still has a two year old slider phone "because it's not broken".
    haha I know what you mean. My wife got almost excited as me when I showed her the pre in january. She started following it on the blogs and everything. We both picked one up on launch day.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    No ringer switch?!? What kind of a Palm Device doesn't have a ringer switch on/off?!
    it does
  13. T3CK's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    #33  
    Pre all the way. Bigger screen, WiFi, better proc and cam. IMO, Pixi looks girly.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions