Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    I have not "broken" my Pre or added any Home Brew Apps. My device says I have 5G available--I previously removed all songs from iTunes & added the 50-100 I use most for now. I know how to delete bookmarks & text conversations, but how do you delete an App? I have tried holding it & dragging it. I have tried the upper left menu. I tried looking thru Tips & Tricks, but it led me to a link on the Palm Website, but didn't tell me how to delete the App.

I know this is something easy & something I should know, but if someone could help me out, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Call sprint and complain!
    Quote Originally Posted by Re-InventedB View Post
    If there's a limit on app's memory, why can't we delete NASCAR, or NFL! I'd personally delete those in a heartbeat to make more room.
    I believe the core palm apps live within a different directory structure and therefore won't impact your downloaded app space.

Quote Originally Posted by rebirth24 View Post
    Call sprint and complain!
    Sprint can't do anything about it... its all Palm and WebOS.
    Former Sprint Treo 700p Owner, now Sprint Palm Pre- and HP Touchpad Owner.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    This needs to be in the that if you cannot download apps, it may be because you do not have enough space left on the Pre. Maybe it want at least 1GB free to still download apps?

- Craig
    Did it work for you?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    I have not "broken" my Pre or added any Home Brew Apps. My device says I have 5G available--I previously removed all songs from iTunes & added the 50-100 I use most for now. I know how to delete bookmarks & text conversations, but how do you delete an App? I have tried holding it & dragging it. I have tried the upper left menu. I tried looking thru Tips & Tricks, but it led me to a link on the Palm Website, but didn't tell me how to delete the App.

I know this is something easy & something I should know, but if someone could help me out, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers
    No problem. We don't know until someone tells us or we read it.

Hold the orange button then click an app icon to delete.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post

The orange button technique worked--thanks!

Cheers

Yeah, Palm needs to add a better way to delete apps as this questions gets asked a lot. Maybe an option to delete the app in the drop down menu when you open up the launcher.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Or when you select the App, how about the drop down menu in the upper left? It has an edit button--make one of the options in edit--delete.

The orange button works quite nice & easily, but it just isn't obvious.

Also, what's up w/restricting my Apps when I have over 5GB of space available?

Cheers
  9.    #29  
    I think Device Info can list your apps and gives the option to delete them.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I think Device Info can list your apps and gives the option to delete them.
    correct go to device info select software tap the one you want to delete and tap delete
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    Also, what's up w/restricting my Apps when I have over 5GB of space available?
    The 'space available' is how much space you have for media files (photos / music / etc). The apps are stored in a separate branch of the device that has a fixed size. Until Palm changes the file structure, we are limited by a fixed number of MBs that can be used for apps. If you want more apps, then you will have to decide which of the larger apps you want to keep (for example, Word Ace is 5MB in size and Bubbles is 131K in size). You can have nearly 40 Bubbles sized apps or 1 Word Ace app.

The only true workaround is to root your Pre and manually change the partition sizes to give more space to the applications directory and take it away from the media section. I believe its discussed on the webos-internals site, but its not for the faint of heart.
    Former Sprint Treo 700p Owner, now Sprint Palm Pre- and HP Touchpad Owner.
    Big fingers sink palm pre's.
    Quote Originally Posted by rfceo View Post
    correct go to device info select software tap the one you want to delete and tap delete
    Correct, me if I am wrong but I think this doesn't work for all the Homebrew apps. Also, I don't think it lets you delete webpages or contacts that you have added to your launcher.

You make a good point for most apps.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Big fingers sink palm pre's.
    What do fingers have to do with anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by ASprintGuy View Post
    I believe the core palm apps live within a different directory structure and therefore won't impact your downloaded app space.

Sprint can't do anything about it... its all Palm and WebOS.
    Correct. The NFL and NASCAR apps are in /usr/palm/applications vs the homebrew/catalog apps go in /var/usr/palm/applications where there is a ridiculous limit. We just have to sit and wait for Palm to fix the problem .
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I would like to start a poll about how problematic people find the memory limit. Something like:

1. The memory limit on apps is driving me berzerk! Might dump this phone with out a fix soon!

2. It really bothers me, but I can wait to see if there is a fix from Palm.

3. It doen't bother me too much, I just delete apps to make room.

4. Not a problem at all.

5. What memory limitation?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    i heard this limit is fixed in 1.2 relrease is this true?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    i heard this limit is fixed in 1.2 relrease is this true?
    No.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  19.    #40  
    Once again, I hit the app installation (and update) wall.

I deleted apps but that didn't help. I deleted/removed photos and larger files to bring my available space to 1.17 GB. Suddenly, I could install apps and updates again.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast