Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    OFFICIAL: PALM PRE $149,99 ON SPRINT
    The Official Palm Blog
    Ooh Pre or Pixi?

Weeeeeeeee..

Oops, I have the Pre..
    Wonder what this means for people like me. I'm still within my 30 days of buying the Pre. Would it be feasible/worth it to give up the Pre I have now, then turn around and buy another one at the new price?
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I'm going to try today to do that.
    Is there a restocking fee?
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Yeah I essentially got my Pre (arriving today sometime) for that price, though after rebates... I wish it was that price to begin with... Oh well.
    Btw, it's $149.99. The comma to represent the decimal place is less common than the period so using it looks odd.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Called Sprint about this. First rep was clueless. Second one actually looked into it.

He said the policy is that if a price drops while in your 30 day return period, you can get that credit. But, if you bought the phone at a retail store, you have to go there to get the credit. If you bought it from Telesales, they can give the credit on the phone. The rep said he'd put some notes in the account for the store reps to see

I'll be calling my store later today and will see if I can get the credit from them without having to go in, but I'm not optimistic. Probably have to go in tomorrow in person.
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I called up Sprint, they issued me a credit for $50.

This couldn't have come at a better time for me, today is the 30th day since I got my Pre.
    I'm going to my Radio Shack.. originally they wouldn't give me the credit as they wouldn't accept price match to lets Talk.com as they were an internet company.
    I got mine at a sprint store. just went and got my 50 dollar credit. took about 3 min.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Sounds like I will have to go by the Sprint store at lunch time...

(They can't take care of this change over the phone since I bought at a store...)
    Any word on if Best Buy is going to have the Pre at this price? Their website hasn't been updated.
    If your within your 30 days, sprint will make up the difference...

Announcements: Price match adjustment details for Palm Pre
    That has not been my experience. Just came from the store where they refused to make the adjustment. I bought the phone about a week ago. They said I could return it, eat the $35.00 restocking fee and purchase a new one at the new price. Thereby saving $15.00.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    I just took my Pre receipt to Best Buy and got $55 back (Tax in CA is a TON). They haven't lowered their prices yet (at least on the display) and they adjusted it down for me without any hassle. I didn't even mention it was down on the Sprint site.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by junkstream View Post
    That has not been my experience. Just came from the store where they refused to make the adjustment. I bought the phone about a week ago. They said I could return it, eat the $35.00 restocking fee and purchase a new one at the new price. Thereby saving $15.00.
    I think the $35 restocking fee only applies if you're retaining your account... if you deactivate your service there is no restocking fee...

IF you're not tied to your account on Sprint, contact the Retention folks (call *2 and ask for retention) and if your within the 30 day window, tell them that the price match is important and that if they don't want to honor that, you'd just as soon return the phone, cancel your account and move to another vendor... They should make it right for you...

you shouldn't have to go through this process since they do have a price match policy and you're within 30 days...
    Dont let them tell you that you have to return it and pay the 35 dollar restocking fee. If your a little pushy they will give you a fifty dollar credit to your account. Everyone I know has done this who has bought the pre within the last 30 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathsArrow View Post
    Any word on if Best Buy is going to have the Pre at this price? Their website hasn't been updated.
    I've been checking the Best Buy web site since the announcement. Hadn't checked since this morning, but now the site is reflecting 149.99 for both NEW customers as well as eligible upgrade customers with a new 2-year contact. I guess it's not a gaurantee that individual stores will have the correct pricing, but I guess you could always show them their own website.

Yeah... No mail in rebate to deal with.

Personally, I'm still waiting for confirmation that the upcoming 1.2 will enable the Classic Hotsync so I can use Pocket Quicken appropriately, then I'm in (finally).
    After much haranguing, two trips to the Sprint Store, and about an hour on the phone with Sprint, I did get $50.00 credited to my account.

I'm happy that I got the credit, but frustrated that it took the better part of a day to get it. This is pretty reminiscent of the old Sprint and their lack of customer service. You eventually get what's right, but not until banging your head against the wall to get it.

I'm also irritated that their price match policy is inconsistent and arbitrary. It sounds like there are still many people out there that Sprint is not helping on this.
    Last edited by junkstream; 09/10/2009 at 01:30 AM.
    I would love to call and try and get another $50.00 bucks off the price of my Pre, but I already got an extra $75.00 on top of the $100.00 mail-in ON RELEASE DATE I MIGHT ADD simply by treatening to leave for an iphone (which I never would have done).

Best of luck to the reast of you though. It is pretty messed up that they lowered the price so soon.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast