View Poll Results: Do you ever use the Home Button?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - always use it

26 19.70%
  • No - gestures all the way

75 56.82%
  • Just when I feel like clicking a real button for a change (ie sometimes)

31 23.48%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    1.2 brings a feature that wakes the phone with the home button
    Excellent! That's great to hear, can't wait.

Now, would it just work like the iphone.. where pressing it gets you to the "slide to unlock sceen?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    1.2 brings a feature that wakes the phone with the home button , sweet I like it . I go to that button now out of habbit from using treo and 755 so this is nice in my opinion.
    The home button already wakes up the phone. It's not coming in the 1.2 update cause it was added in the 1.1 update.

I use the home button about 50% of the time.
    I actually used to use it all the time. Then I watched jhoff80's 1.2 preview video and noticed he never used it. Light beamed from behind clouds, I heard a chorus of angels, and I believe I achieved enlightenment. Since then I'm not using it much at all. Only out of habit, and I'm almost immediately annoyed that I didn't use the simpler gesture.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by TWC_SouthPhilly View Post
    The home button already wakes up the phone. It's not coming in the 1.2 update cause it was added in the 1.1 update.
    ..when the keyboard is open, only, if I'm not mistaken.

If the phone has been sitting the table, keyboard closed, undisturbed for 5 minutes or so, hitting the home button does absolutely nothing.

To wake the phone up from that state without opening the keyboard, you have to hit the power button then slide to unlock. I am running 1.1.

Unless my Pre is not working the way it should??

HA.. just noticed this.. if the Pre is charging on the Touchstone, hitting the home button does nothing but taping the power button once wakes it right up. That's just silly, tapping the home button to wake up while on the TS would make perfect sense. (yes, I know you can slide to unlock while on the TS) Perhaps in the 1.2 update... ?
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    I actually used to use it all the time. Then I watched jhoff80's 1.2 preview video and noticed he never used it. Light beamed from behind clouds, I heard a chorus of angels, and I believe I achieved enlightenment. Since then I'm not using it much at all. Only out of habit, and I'm almost immediately annoyed that I didn't use the simpler gesture.
    And the funny thing is I use it more than that video shows.

It was just easier to do it that way while I was recording it, because it wasn't in my hand. When I hold the Pre in my hand with the keyboard open, the button is right under my thumb as I previously mentioned.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiggitay View Post
    Coming from an iPhone, I think I'll see myself using the Home Button a lot, at least at first. My Pre arrives today, so after some hands on usage I'll let you know.
    Exactly. Coming from a Blackberry and iPod Touch, I use the damn button all the time, it's stuck in my brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    And the funny thing is I use it more than that video shows.
    Heretic!

(As a convert, I might be just a bit more zealous about my usage than others.)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12