Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1.    #1  
    Im sure alot of ppl are/were in the same boat. I just received my Pre from Sprint. They never notified me that I would have to change my plan. I have 2 lines. My current (out of date)plan is essentially the Everything Family Data plan ($129). But I pay around $90 and thats with first incoming minute free and insurance for the phone. Now i know this is all relative but now that you have the Pre ...would you pay an additional $40($47 with insurance) per month just so you can use the Pre.

    Additionally is there anything I can do with an Un-activated Pre
  2. pathymo's Avatar
    Posts
    231 Posts
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    #2  
    They should have informed you of the plan change when you bought the phone..... but now that you have it, might as well use it.
  3. #3  
    it all depends on you how much you you like the pre?
  4. geodim's Avatar
    Posts
    276 Posts
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    #4  
    The Pre is a cloud device. It's pretty pointless to get a Pre without a data connection, unless you just really like the hardware, which just happens to be the weakest aspect of the device. You should have done more homework, but they also should have told you before they made the change.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

    iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
  5.    #5  
    I don't know how much I will like it because I can not use it. I def dropped the ball I thought I did alot of research ..I currently have an unlimited data ..I thought that would suffice ..apparently they have an arrangement with Palm that all Pre's have to go to one of the new Everything Plans. I feel that I will basically be paying $500 a year for the Pre thats the most expensive phone ever.
  6. #6  
    Go to a Sprint store, test drive the Pre, decide if you like it and if you do then pay the extra $40. If you don't, return it, go back to your old device and research a new phone (this time verify any required plan changes before to jump).
    Last edited by coolgreany; 09/09/2009 at 12:31 AM.
  7. Tubal's Avatar
    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    #7  
    You have 30 days to return it for whatever reason. If you're livid, go back to the old phone.

    If you're just meh, switch to the all inclusive plan for a month, try it for a few weeks, and if you don't like it, take it back and switch your plan back. You'll be out $40.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by evilhomer View Post
    ...I currently have an unlimited data...I thought that would suffice...
    On the Sprint site click on the Pre.
    Click Plans and it will show you your plan options.

    Or click here.

    And it says...

    The plans below are compatible with the phone you selected.

    - Craig
  9. pathymo's Avatar
    Posts
    231 Posts
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by evilhomer View Post
    I feel that I will basically be paying $500 a year for the Pre thats the most expensive phone ever.
    Really? Ever? More expensive than another little phone that was just released on Sprint for $200 more?

    If all the 'research' you did is comparable to the above bit, then no wonder you had no idea what you were getting into.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by pathymo View Post
    Really? Ever? More expensive than another little phone that was just released on Sprint for $200 more?

    If all the 'research' you did is comparable to the above bit, then no wonder you had no idea what you were getting into.
    I don't think he was referencing just the hardware cost. I believe he was saying that the total cost of ownership (having to have specific plans) makes it over time the most expensive phone.
  11. #11  
    Heck no it's not worth it.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubal View Post
    You have 30 days to return it for whatever reason. If you're livid, go back to the old phone.

    If you're just meh, switch to the all inclusive plan for a month, try it for a few weeks, and if you don't like it, take it back and switch your plan back. You'll be out $40.
    If I ever switch out of my plan its gone as they do not use it anymore so I would be basically stuck with the plan that I switch to ..good times...
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by evilhomer View Post
    I don't know how much I will like it because I can not use it. I def dropped the ball I thought I did alot of research ..I currently have an unlimited data ..I thought that would suffice ..apparently they have an arrangement with Palm that all Pre's have to go to one of the new Everything Plans. I feel that I will basically be paying $500 a year for the Pre thats the most expensive phone ever.
    It's been covered in other posts, but you are getting other features, Sprint navigation and Sprint TV are two big ones.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by pathymo View Post
    Really? Ever? More expensive than another little phone that was just released on Sprint for $200 more?

    If all the 'research' you did is comparable to the above bit, then no wonder you had no idea what you were getting into.
    Unfortunately you do not have the comprehension to read into my thread. I was referring to the extra $40+ extra per month I would have to pay to keep this phone. So $40 x 12 = $480 per year. Yes the most expensive phone I have ever bought.
  15. pathymo's Avatar
    Posts
    231 Posts
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyidaho View Post
    I don't think he was referencing just the hardware cost. I believe he was saying that the total cost of ownership (having to have specific plans) makes it over time the most expensive phone.
    How so? With any smartphone you will need an everything data plan. If you take into consideration both the cost of the phone and the cost of the plan, the Touch Pro 2 would still be more expensive per year. The Pre is not the most expensive phone.
  16. pathymo's Avatar
    Posts
    231 Posts
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by evilhomer View Post
    Unfortunately you do not have the comprehension to read into my thread. I was referring to the extra $40+ extra per month I would have to pay to keep this phone. So $40 x 12 = $480 per year. Yes the most expensive phone I have ever bought.
    Your exact words are:

    "I feel that I will basically be paying $500 a year for the Pre thats the most expensive phone ever."

    You do not say that is the "most expensive phone i have ever bought". And there are more expensive phones. How exactly do I not have the comprehension to read into your thread when all I read is what you say?

    Bottom line is you didn't do your research, and didn't know what you were getting into. Any and all literature on the Pre and plans will tell you that you have to use an everything data plan with the phone.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by pathymo View Post
    How so? With any smartphone you will need an everything data plan. If you take into consideration both the cost of the phone and the cost of the plan, the Touch Pro 2 would still be more expensive per year. The Pre is not the most expensive phone.
    Please read my post Sprint is requiring ppl to have specific plans regardless of what you have in your current plan..I currently have the unlimited everything data plan ...My CURRENT plan is equal to or better than the Sprint plan I would be required to change to and it would cost me $40 more. So my question to everyone was Now that you have the PRE ..would it be worth paying $40 more per month.
    Last edited by evilhomer; 09/09/2009 at 01:40 AM.
  18. pathymo's Avatar
    Posts
    231 Posts
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by evilhomer View Post
    Please read my post .Palm is requiring ppl to have specific plans regardless of what you have in your current plan..I currently have the unlimited everything data plan ...My CURRENT plan is equal to or better than the Sprint plan I would be required to change to and it would cost me $40 more. So my question to everyone was Now that you have the PRE ..would it be worth paying $40 more per month.
    Ok, first of all Palm has nothing to do with the plans that Sprint has.

    If you have an older plan, it is made clear in all literature that you will be required to change to an everything data plan. I know what the plans are, and what is required for the Pre.

    As for whether or not its worth it, that's entirely up to you.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by pathymo View Post
    Ok, first of all Palm has nothing to do with the plans that Sprint has.

    If you have an older plan, it is made clear in all literature that you will be required to change to an everything data plan. I know what the plans are, and what is required for the Pre.

    As for whether or not its worth it, that's entirely up to you.

    They offered me the phone as part of a retention thing. I paid $85 for the Pre. They should of informed me that I would need to switch my plan before they sent the phone to me. Obviously it would be up to me. Thats why I was asking other ppl's OPINIONS since that have had the phone for a while ....Please stop posting this thread
  20. pathymo's Avatar
    Posts
    231 Posts
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by evilhomer View Post
    They offered me the phone as part of a retention thing. I paid $85 for the Pre. They should of informed me that I would need to switch my plan before they sent the phone to me. Obviously it would be up to me. Thats why I was asking other ppl's OPINIONS since that have had the phone for a while ....Please stop posting this thread

    Since this is an open forum, I will actually go ahead and continue to post wherever I please.

    You can get all the opinions in the world, but to know whether or not its the phone for you you'll have to use it and develop an opinion of your own.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions