Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Hi. I am dying to buy the Pre, especially now. HOWEVER, I use the video feature of my current phone (Instinct) all the time and almost can't live without it. I know it's not the best quality in the world, but really is great for me. From what I can read, it does not come in 1.2 update, is that correct? I have been monitoring the pre for months now unless I missed something. Does anyone know if there is an app out there for it or if there is anyway to do it on the Pre? Any suggestions...this is the only thing that is holding me back from buying the thing.... thx.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Nope, no video yet. Homebrew solution is underway but still not usable for most. If I had a bet, I'd say it comes out before the Pixi is released for sure.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Are you reading that that PIXIE takes video? If so, is it an app or is it in 1.2?
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    It's not in 1.2 and no one has seen it yet. I was just speculating that Palm would not be dumb enough to release 2 phones with a promise of video eventually. I'm betting that it'll be ready in time for the release of the Pixi.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    The pixi doesn't do video. It uses the same OS as the pre, and has the same apps.

I would assume as soon as the Pre does video, the pixi will too.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I like my Pre and I am ready for it to have video recording capabilties just like everyone else, but for now, I use my old instinct to record any video. I am sure the Pre will have video soon. It just doesn't make sense to not have it.
    I think I would switch to the pixie. I always said a nice marriage btwn the Centro and the Pre was what I wanted. The Pixie appears to be just that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubal View Post
    The pixi doesn't do video. It uses the same OS as the pre, and has the same apps.

I would assume as soon as the Pre does video, the pixi will too.
    The Palm Pixi is official, headed to Sprint this holiday season -- we've got hands-on and video!

The videos of the Pixi show a new Facebook app, Yahoo IM and a new game. So it's possible.
    Isn't the consensus that it'll be an app? Meaning it won't be tied to an update. Isn't the app catalog going to be linked to a card after 1.2.0? So if plam plans to charge for it then this might be it
    cell video quality usually sucks. why is everyone so keen on this as a feature? Me i had it on my old phone and only used it once. What stuff are you guys using it for? Just for kicks?
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Holdin' on to an Instinct just because of video?.. .
    Buy a Pre and you'll forget about video when you see how much you stepped up in technology and all the "multiple" perks that the Instinct cant even touch.
    Save that thing until the Pre gets video and don't look back. The only thing you should be concerned about missing is Virtual Voice Mail.
    The Pre is the only phone that gets better daily.. . Literally

(BIG UP to Homebrewers, PreCentral, and everyone in between!)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    cell video quality usually sucks. why is everyone so keen on this as a feature? Me i had it on my old phone and only used it once. What stuff are you guys using it for? Just for kicks?
    random moments like a guy reading while driving
    or a person scaling a building dressed like spiderman
    I used it for my job when I had it (video, still have the job) its easier to take a short video of something and send it then to try and describe it over the phone.
    i see. well my last phone was from like 2005 and cost $100 bucks so i'm not used to cellphone video recorders being any good. It's kinda like playing video on my pre. It's not a feature i use much. That said, just like a decent facebook app, i FULLY understand why it is sound business to have video recording on your platform especially when the other guy has it. Not to mention the other guy has video editing as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyandthesets View Post
    I used it for my job when I had it (video, still have the job) its easier to take a short video of something and send it then to try and describe it over the phone.
    I recently switched from an Instinct to the Pre. I miss the visual voicemail, and the voice dialing. However, the Pre is by far a much better phone and I don't regret it. Here's a suggestion. The instinct has a memory card. You could upgrade to the Pre, but keep your instinct for the video. Instead of emailing it from your phone, pull out the memory card and email it from your computer. It's a little more work, but you will love the Pre, and I think in time you will be glad you did it.
    i strongly agree
    gimmie virtual voice mail ..... i mussssttttt have this app
    and then video
    although video is crutial too
    god i love this dam phone
    it is literally the best thing ever track pakages i read blue prints on it , contracts its all around a monster of a tiny phone ...... and extended batteries worth buying yet.....anyone ?
    Video is possible through the command line on the Pre. And I mean JUST video. They're working on getting audio integrated, and once they do you'll probably see a basic homebrew app with no preview, but I'd say it's a while out before you see that. I don't expect video cam capabilities in 1.2 or even 1.3 for that matter, but I am hoping it comes before Christmas to battle the nano getting a video cam.