Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I bought my pre in july. When i got the phone it seemed a little loose with the keyboard but it didnt/doesnt have a wide gap in the middle. It also turns off all the time when its in my pocket and i dont know for what reason. Sometimes i can turn it of by simply opening and closing the keyboard a view times. Im starting to worry since it was 199.99 $ of my own money and so far the hardware is not that great. Has anyone experienced these problems at all? If so should i take it back to the sprint store and say what? Will they just stare at me and laugh or try to fix it. Even possibly give me a new one?

Please reply! i need some advice.

Thanks..
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Are you hitting the power button while it is in your pocket. It seems that would be pretty easy to do. If not, that is a known issue and should be replaced as being defective or a battery problem for the shutting off. It also should be a little loose being it is a slider. Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    I had this issue on my first pre, the battery is faulty.. the first round of pre's had batteries that were to small. I wedged a piece of paper (business card) between the top of the battery and the compartment... or you can just get a replacement batter from sprint. there are many threads on this issue... just search for it.

hopes this helps
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Thanks! but is just saying that its defective enough to convince sprint?
    yes they are very familiar with this problem
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Yes, they know about it.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    does anyone elses pre have a scratch line from sliding the keyboard open? Mines on the camera lense side. Is that another defect?
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MWKpre View Post
    does anyone elses pre have a scratch line from sliding the keyboard open? Mines on the camera lense side. Is that another defect?
    That's normal. It's not a defect. Anytime you have to objects sliding against each other, it will show wear.

You could get a little pocket mirror to fix your runny mascara if it bothers you too much.