Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by madolen View Post
    You may still have a connection even tho it never gets to the main page... plug the usb in turn the phone on and wait till it stops doing anything.. then try to use webos quick install.. if it says no phone connected then I am outta ideas... if it connect we can fix this
    Then I am screwed. It says it can't find the device. Thanks for trying bro. Hopefully I'll be able to enjoy the new theme..
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubal View Post
    I guess if you've been able to ssh into it before, your novacom driver should be working fine.

Just for kicks, check your device manager, and see if you have a listing in there called 'Palm Novacom Modules' when you have your palm attached to your computer. It would be in the main list, underneath Network Adapters and above Portable Devices (it's alphabetical).

Maybe you bricked your pre
    Yup..I safely removed all hardware...and then plugged in the phone and Palm Novacom popped up, installed the driver and is running...though nothing else changed.
    dude just hold the volume button up when starting up your phone ....and usb mode will pop up and just run webos doctor ...same thing happen to me with the reloop boot
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by eggroks View Post
    dude just hold the volume button up when starting up your phone ....and usb mode will pop up and just run webos doctor ...same thing happen to me with the reloop boot
    Yeah I did...it's got the large usb glowing picture on the front..then I plug it in and the novacom driver runs but nothing connects..not webos doctor, install, rooting...even the drive folder doesn't show up. It's weird.
    Take your phone to Sprint AFTER the new update is released. Say that it got bricked during the installation. Get a new phone. Learn from your mistakes. Don't change filetype extensions.
    Follow Me On

just restart your computer and try again..it HASS TO work....i must of doctored my phone about 20 times...and i had trouble doing it everytime...keep trying
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Take your phone to Sprint AFTER the new update is released. Say that it got bricked during the installation. Get a new phone. Learn from your mistakes. Don't change filetype extensions.
    Just out of curiosity...how would one brick a phone?

And I'm not asking because the boot screens I uploaded still show up in the boot loop...
    One way a phone can get bricked is by removing the battery while a major OS update is being installed.
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post
    Just out of curiosity...how would one brick a phone?

And I'm not asking because the boot screens I uploaded still show up in the boot loop...
    One would fubar it.

Basically leave the device in a state so that it can't be fixed. You wouldn't think changing a boot screen would do that, but maybe a driver file it needs to communicate with novacom got corrupted somehow.

Not saying yours is bricked, but it's kind of looking that way. Keep trying to webdoctor it.
    i dont think u can brick this phone..i did everything ur not suppose to do and i always managed to doctor it.
  11.    #31  
    lol..thanks guys. Restarting my laptop worked!! It read the USB and webos doctor worked! Thank you guys SO MUCH. For some reason my palm profile had nothing to update..which is odd because I thought it backed stuff up automatically..but other than that it worked perfectly!! Thanks again...I can't believe I didn't think of restarting my laptop. Wow. 3 hours and a mammoth headache later..and I am SO thankful.
  12.    #32  
    Btw I still might have to bring it in...In all this mess I noticed a couple of small line-fractures..less than 1/16 of an inch each..but there nonetheless. I have been SO careful with this phone so I know I've never dropped it or anything. *sigh*
    At least you fixed it & now know what to try if it happens again.
    Good to hear we didn't lose a soldier. =)
    Follow Me On

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12