Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    set up a gmail account and load all your contacts in Gmail's contact list. use the gmail account as your default email for the palm profile and email. Everytime you add or delete a contact....it's saaved or deleted out of your gmail account and you can use the gmail calendar for appt's....that can also serve as a back up
  2. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    I have a gmail acct...how do I get all my contacts over to it from my Pre?....the only contacts there are ones I've added since I got my Pre....but none that were transferred from my Centro to my Pre when I got it
    It makes no sense that like several hundred people have the same gripe about losing most contacts when the phone says it updates every night. I like the phone and all but when you have to replace it, things like this shouldnt be rocket science to a paying customer.
    People in Best buy cant even sync contacts from phones not on the Sprint network like I had verizon contacts that I couldn't usb sync nor bluetooth over to the pre and had to manually do them which is kind of old school at this point.

-Jason
    It makes no sense that like several hundred people have the same gripe about losing most contacts when the phone says it updates every night. I like the phone and all but when you have to replace it, things like this shouldnt be rocket science to a paying customer.
    People in Best buy cant even sync contacts from phones not on the Sprint network like I had verizon contacts that I couldn't usb sync nor bluetooth over to the pre and had to manually do them which is kind of old school at this point.

Am I alone with this issue or was I just at a stupid Best Buy location?

-Jason
    Has anyone gotten anywhere with Palm on the missing contacts issue? I got a replacement unit today and when I logged into my palm profile, it restored all my downloaded apps but NO contacts. I have spoken with Palm support via chat several times, and been thru numerous partial and full erase efforts and each time my contacts are never restored.

I did my own research and found a user who seemed to have had the exact same issue. The thread can be found here and he explains what palm did to fix it on the 2nd page.

I cant post links, but if you type this phrase into Google, the first result will be the thread..

"Palm Profile Sync did not work - lost all my contacts!!!"

They basically told him that when he tried to sign in for the first time with his replacement device that it failed, and when he was able to log in it created a duplicate palm profile with the same email address and same password, this duplicate profile of course had no contacts because it was just created at login. He said Palm had to roll back his Palm profile, and after a partial erase, and login back into his profile, his contacts came back.

Does anyone have an update, or any success stories. I don't want to go days, or even worse weeks without my contacts. Thanks to all who can help. This is rediculous.
    hi guys...so i have some info that may help...i too have recieved a replacement palm pre as my other had been broken by a fall...so when i transfered all the info....no contacts...i called sprint...they gave me a run around for over 2 hours...so i ended up contacting palm them selves....i was asked what webOS i had..i replied 1.1.0....he stated thats why i did not get my contacts...asked me to update my phone to webOS 1.2.1 as that is the webOS they were dealing with...after it updates it should prompt you to log in to your account after the reboot and you should have your contacts reloaded...so i am am updating right now and crossing my fingers this works!!!

hope this my help someone you who are having contact loss issues....
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    The same thing happened to me. This is friggin ridiculous. They don't give us the ability to do a local sync (unless you pay for 3rd party software), but they won't reliably keep up with the data.

I had to use WebOS doctor on my phone. After words I couldn't remember my password for my palm profile so I had to reset it. I then logged in and it told me I had no data to restore. I updated to v1.2.1 and then did a full erase. I logged into my profile and this time it started pulling data over. I thought all was good until I had 4 of about 250 contacts. I called Sprint and they forwarded me over to Palm. I could hardly understand the woman from Palm and I could tell she was obviously clueless. I finally hung up because she wanted me to reboot my phone (without changing anything). All I have is my cell phone so I was screwed calling her from another phone. I have since given up. I am assuming my Palm profile has been overwritten with the 10 or so contacts I have on my phone now. If anyone has any ideas I am open to try them.

Edit: I would also like to add that my girlfriend's Pre had to be replaced about a month ago. When we got her new one, she couldn't remember the password for her Palm profile either. She had to reset it with the security question. After she logged in with the new password she got the same error message something to the tune of "There is no data in your profile". She just said screw it and has been slowly adding her contacts back.
    Last edited by chafedbm; 10/06/2009 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Forgot to Add Something
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12