Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I attempted to do a full erase today and noticed it's not erasing anything. It reboots the phone, but never get back to the original registration. I just reboots right back to the main screen.

I have been trying to use WebOS Doctor to restore 1.1. However, I cannot get WebOS doctor to recognize the phone is plugged into the USB port. Upon starting WebOS Doctor it starts to install the Novacom drivers.

I've tried a battery pull, holding the volume up key, but nothing is working. BTW, I am running Windows 7.

Any ideas about this?
    Sounds like you're doing it wrong.

Turn off the phone. Hold the volume up button. Plug the USB cable in while holding the volume up button. The phone will turn on on its own.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I've done that also. It takes me to the large USB screen on the Pre. WebOS Doctor still sits with a greyed out next button that it cannot find the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by iFalcon View Post
    I've done that also. It takes me to the large USB screen on the Pre. WebOS Doctor still sits with a greyed out next button that it cannot find the Pre.
    Okay, well if the large USB screen is on the Pre it should be recognizing it. Sounds like Novacom might not have installed properly on your computer. The easiest way to get it installed correctly is really to just install the Palm SDK, otherwise I believe you can find manual steps to get Novacom installed on Windows 7.
    I had the same problem last night and the solution was to put it in Dev. mode. As soon as I did that the next button wasn't geyed out any more!
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Okay, I'll give all of these a try. Very odd problem. I'll keep you posted.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I had to reinstall the SDK. Very odd. I can now breathe a sigh of relief.

Thanks.
    How do you reinstall the SDK?
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Putting it into developer mode worked. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I am unable to get WebOS doctor to recognize the Pre. I would like to wipe my pre and start fresh because my launcher will not open at all. This also means that I cannot put my pre into Dev Mode. Can anyone please help? I have followed the steps above to get webos doctor to recognize the pre, but no go. I have the large white USB image on my pre at this time. :S Any help will be appreciated.
    try webos utility tool maybe
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Novacom probably isn't installing correctly. If you get the latest edition of the SDK and install that, it should fix that problem.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Sorry these may be some weak questions:
    Will the webos utility tool require the pre to be in dev mode?
    Where is this utility located?
    Where can I obtain the latest SDK?
    Thanks for trying to help.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...r-utility.html

get the repair utility tool here ,i have not had to use it yet so i dont know about dev mode or not ,but it would seem like you would have to be in dev mode
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I cannot use the WebOs Repair Utility because it requires dev mode and I cannot get into it.

I installed the latest SDK from Palm. Now I am able initiate webdoctor but after it says charging battery and progress goes to 6%, it tells me that the phone is disconnected when nothing has changed. The screen on my pre goes from a large USB symbol to a PALM icon. Any ideas?
    Are you sure you correctly following the procedure to use the webos doctor? Try the following steps:

1) Remove the battery
    2) Press and hold the volume up button
    3) Plug the USB charging cable into the wall charger, and insert the USB cable into the Pre.(you will see a picture of a battery and a question mark at this point)
    4) Insert the battery.
    5) Release the volume up button.

At this point, you will see a full-screen "USB" symbol, instead of the normal small USB symbol over a picture of the Pre. DO NOT CONNECT THE PRE TO YOUR PC YET. Once the webOS Doctor asks you to plug in the Pre, take the USB cable out of the wall charger, and plug it into your USB port on the PC. The "Found New Hardware" wizard will run, installing "Novacom" drivers. After that completes, the "Next" button will light up in webOS Doctor, and allow you to finish repairing your device.

Source: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...or-issues.html

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by pre-gen View Post
    I cannot use the WebOs Repair Utility because it requires dev mode and I cannot get into it.

I installed the latest SDK from Palm. Now I am able initiate webdoctor but after it says charging battery and progress goes to 6%, it tells me that the phone is disconnected when nothing has changed. The screen on my pre goes from a large USB symbol to a PALM icon. Any ideas?
    Well I am not sure if the WebOS Repair will work for you but, I think I have a solution which may work for you. Get your MSL number from a Sprint Rep. Let them know that you have to reset the device b/c its not booting up. Once you get the MSL # reboot the Pre then hold Orange Key + Press ##786# [BBXCGB] then enter on your Pre's Physical Keyboard. Then select reset and it will ask for your MSL number. enter the number which they gave you and then hopefuly it will reinstalll everything back to the Pre's Orig state.

Let us know if this works
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    Are you sure you correctly following the procedure to use the webos doctor? Try the following steps:

These steps appear to be a little different from the ones I have seen posted. I will try these and tell you about the results. Thank you.
    Last edited by pre-gen; 09/27/2009 at 06:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

1) Remove the battery
    2) Press and hold the volume up button
    3) Plug the USB charging cable into the wall charger, and insert the USB cable into the Pre.(you will see a picture of a battery and a question mark at this point)
    4) Insert the battery.
    5) Release the volume up button.

At this point, you will see a full-screen "USB" symbol, instead of the normal small USB symbol over a picture of the Pre. DO NOT CONNECT THE PRE TO YOUR PC YET. Once the webOS Doctor asks you to plug in the Pre, take the USB cable out of the wall charger, and plug it into your USB port on the PC. The "Found New Hardware" wizard will run, installing "Novacom" drivers. After that completes, the "Next" button will light up in webOS Doctor, and allow you to finish repairing your device.

These steps worked! I was able to successfully restore my pre to factory settings.

Kmehr: Thanks for suggesting reset via MSL. I had done that before and found that it is the equivalent of doing reset either via palm.com/support or via device info. While settings may be reversed back to factory defaults, certain aspects of the OS remain the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by pre-gen View Post
    [I]
    Kmehr: Thanks for suggesting reset via MSL. I had done that before and found that it is the equivalent of doing reset either via palm.com/support or via device info. While settings may be reversed back to factory defaults, certain aspects of the OS remain the same.
    Yea I figured that if you could not get Pre to boot then this would be an alternative method. That way you can enable Dev mode and then use the DR. Glad to see the other method worked even though the Dev mode wasn't enable.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast