Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ceo2be View Post
    Sorry for the noob questions but will this update allow you to select a MP3 for text messages? Since I have a couple of homebrew app installed, do I have to remove anything to get the update?

Thanks.
    You do not need to remove any homebrew apps...you should be fine. I dont think they are updating MP3 for Text...just use MyNotification in Homebrew section :-)
    Last edited by sburlbaw; 09/08/2009 at 06:52 PM. Reason: addition
    If you have to ask then just remove it.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    This might be the best update yet. Actually a lot of featured requested over here. Ok, still no video recording. But these were all requested regularly:

- improved copy/paste
    - search in emails
    - save images in browser and email
    - open pdf in browser
    - open url in new window
    - download files in browser

They even put in the led blinking somewhere. Now if that isn't listening to your fanbase, I don't know what is. People forget there is a lot Palm has to take care of. Get the SDK out of beta. Build full pay-store. Built new phones (Eos). Get carriers worldwide. Customize builts for carriers. Etc, etc, etc, etc... It's not like they can have a team of 100 people working on new features 24/7.

I think this is a pretty good update and video should be coming soon..
    1.5 is obviously going to contain killer features. what they might be i do not know.
    Quote Originally Posted by jalepore View Post
    just deleted the tweaks I had installed... missing the Battery % already lol
    Same here!
    it takes wut like 10-15 minutes to remove all tweaks...im removing them when the update arrives...i got time!
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    it takes wut like 10-15 minutes to remove all tweaks...im removing them when the update arrives...i got time!
    Doing Same
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    This might be the best update yet. Actually a lot of featured requested over here. Ok, still no video recording. But these were all requested regularly:

- improved copy/paste
    - search in emails
    - save images in browser and email
    - open pdf in browser
    - open url in new window
    - download files in browser

They even put in the led blinking somewhere. Now if that isn't listening to your fanbase, I don't know what is. People forget there is a lot Palm has to take care of. Get the SDK out of beta. Build full pay-store. Built new phones (Eos). Get carriers worldwide. Customize builts for carriers. Etc, etc, etc, etc... It's not like they can have a team of 100 people working on new features 24/7.

I think this is a pretty good update and video should be coming soon..
    some people think these changes can be done with a flick of a switch lol
    Quote Originally Posted by pdiddyfan View Post
    I read all of the updated features on the sprint site. Anyone disappointed not to see any of the features listed that were wanted by most forum members??
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I installed preload,remotewin,devload launcher,preware,filecoaster and phone dialer..Do i need to uninstall these before i do the update?
    Just to clarify... "tweaks" as in if you've "rooted" your pre right?? I'm such a "noob"... I don't know what that means but I'm guessing i'll be called that.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    sonnyvsp..hehehe..i am a noob also..i bet people just laugh and shake heads at me : )
    the only things u gotta REMOVE are the tweaks from webOS quick install....AND the virtual keyboard patch....anything else u can leave on ur pre!!!

Edit: also the services for example Preware works with the package manager service can stay any other service like flashlight or file manager can stay....only the tweaks from quick install and virtual keyboard patch have to GO!
    Well, guess running the Doctor last night was perfect timing.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YBCold View Post
    Well, guess running the Doctor last night was perfect timing.
    Hopefully... If it's not out tonight, I can see it coming out tomorrow morning. Hope it's tonight though!
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    Hopefully... If it's not out tonight, I can see it coming out tomorrow morning. Hope it's tonight though!
    i hope its tonight also...tomrorow i have a long day of classes....if anything im gonna bring my laptop...so if it arrives...ill just be removing the tweaks during class lol
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    One more 7 o'clock down, two more to go before the wait for Hawaiian time.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    i bet a ddos comes first with all the people trying to get the update :P
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Well, it looks like Sprint may be wrong. Did you read that the WSJ and Engadget are reporting that Sprint's $100 service credit offer that was just posted today was wrong?!?

Sprint can't even get their OWN deals right. Not sure they're a reliable source on this news either.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyvsp View Post
    Just to clarify... "tweaks" as in if you've "rooted" your pre right?? I'm such a "noob"... I don't know what that means but I'm guessing i'll be called that.
    Sonny, you would know if you have "tweaks." The name is not just a generic term. It is referring to what you do to your phone when you have it connected to your computer and open Quick Install. Then select tools/tweaks and start checking boxes. If you haven't done that, and you haven't "rooted" your phone, (which again, you would know you've done as it is basically rewriting the programming code directly on the phone,) then you are ok. If you have homebrew programs installed, you don't need to do anything.
    I suppose its not happening tonight. Maybe tomorrow then.
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast