Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    Seems fine for me... the Software Update app is lagging a little bit, as in it has been displaying "Checking for Updates..." for a few minutes now... grrr
    If you hit the refresh button, it seems to do that. If you close and re-open the app, it seems fine. Try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    Actually, there is no risk of his phone being "bricked".
    I'd appreciate if you looked up what the term meant before replying.

Maybe you should actually read this forum. Never mind you will never get it.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Chances are you don't actually have to remove your tweaks either, because when Palm updates files they just overwrite the old version with their version. There is a very, very small chance that things can get messed up if maybe part of the update references a file that hasn't been updated that you had a patch on or something, but the most likely thing is there won't be any issues. Just your tweaks will be back to default behaviors. But, of course the way to do it to definitely have absolutely no issues would be to remove your tweaks, and of course that will be the recommended way, just in case.
    This is exactly the point I've tried to get across with numerous post, if you haven't noticed me

Palm will remove them for you
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    According to the WebOS Quick Install gurus, you have to remove all tweaks. Homebrew apps can be left alone.
    I removed mine the other day in anticipation of the update. If you have the extra launch pages tweak checked in WOSQI, remember to delete the extra pages in the menu bar of the Pre before you uncheck it, otherwise they remain...
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I know it's really exciting, but we should settle down... Sprint is saying today... sort of. Hopefully it will be out today. If not, I'm sure we'll get it tomorrow!

Just covering my ****... Worst case, sometime this week.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    If you don't then you run a very big risk of bricking your Pre as many have said in this forum. Most of them will not even work anymore after the 1.2 update.
    But most (all??) of the tweaks will be overwritten by the update.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    If you hit the refresh button, it seems to do that. If you close and re-open the app, it seems fine. Try it.
    Hmm thanks for the tip. Maybe it's not actually looking for new updates when it say's it is! ....Now I'm constantly exiting out of and reopening the SU App...
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Palm email to Sprint: Here is the list of updates to the new WebOS.
    *big long list of stuff*
    *bottom of email* Don't post this until a specific date.

Sprint SVP forwards to VP forwards to director forwards to manager forwards to weblackey

Sprint weblackey reads enough of the email to get the gist: Looks like Palm has another update, better post it to the website.
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    But most of the tweaks will be overwritten by the update.
    But if a part of one of those tweaks do not get written over correctly then you run the risk of many issues. Safest to just remove them first. Your choice though.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Chances are you don't actually have to remove your tweaks either, because when Palm updates files they just overwrite the old version with their version. There is a very, very small chance that things can get messed up if maybe part of the update references a file that hasn't been updated that you had a patch on or something, but the most likely thing is there won't be any issues. Just your tweaks will be back to default behaviors. But, of course the way to do it to definitely have absolutely no issues would be to remove your tweaks, and of course that will be the recommended way, just in case.
    Thank you. It's not difficult to take the tweaks off so I probably would just do it. Back in the treo days, I would normally hard reset before applying updates. But with WebOSDoctor, I don't feel it's necessary any longer.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Maybe you should actually read this forum. Never mind you will never get it.
    Can I take money away from your Paypal for bad posts?
    I read all of the updated features on the sprint site. Anyone disappointed not to see any of the features listed that were wanted by most forum members??
    Quote Originally Posted by pdiddyfan View Post
    I read all of the updated features on the sprint site. Anyone disappointed not to see any of the features listed that were wanted by most forum members??
    No, any disappointment was replaced by excitement for the features they are releasing.
    Last edited by donatom3; 09/08/2009 at 06:38 PM. Reason: punctuation
    lol, we get an update, and all you can do is complain about not getting some stuff....

this is the biggest update of them all, it can't all be done at once.. they need time.
    god this w8 is a b*tch
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    lol, we get an update, and all you can do is complain about not getting some stuff....

this is the biggest update of them all, it can't all be done at once.. they need time.
    We haven't gotten it yet ...Thinking it's not happening today.
    Sorry for the noob questions but will this update allow you to select a MP3 for text messages? Since I have a couple of homebrew app installed, do I have to remove anything to get the update?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    This might be the best update yet. Actually a lot of featured requested over here. Ok, still no video recording. But these were all requested regularly:

- improved copy/paste
    - search in emails
    - save images in browser and email
    - open pdf in browser
    - open url in new window
    - download files in browser

They even put in the led blinking somewhere. Now if that isn't listening to your fanbase, I don't know what is. People forget there is a lot Palm has to take care of. Get the SDK out of beta. Build full pay-store. Built new phones (Eos). Get carriers worldwide. Customize builts for carriers. Etc, etc, etc, etc... It's not like they can have a team of 100 people working on new features 24/7.

I think this is a pretty good update and video should be coming soon..
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    god this w8 is a b*tch
    You're telling me! Grrr
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    just deleted the tweaks I had installed... missing the Battery % already lol