Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mightyleemoon View Post
    when you first log into a forum and find a 25 page thread...do you read every single post before posting?

personally, i read the first page or two, the last page or two, then jump in.

it's always amusing when someone gets pissed that another person had the audacity to jump into the conversation without reading all 25 pages or more of random dialog about a general topic.
    I change my forum settings to display 40 posts per page. So it is less clicking through pages. At the moment, I see 11 pages of posts.
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    when you first log into a forum and find a 25 page thread...do you read every single post before posting?

it's always amusing when someone gets pissed that another person had the audacity to jump into the conversation without reading all 25 pages or more of random dialog about a general topic.
    or you could just do a quick search of the thread to see if your question has already been answered, if everyone did that instead of repeating the same thing over and over again then maybe there wouldnt be 25 or more pages to trudge through :/ just a thought, then again I enjoy reading through lots of pages when I'm bored or at work
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

I hear ya, but isn't a big part of why a thread becomes 25 pages... constant repeat of questions. I think something that would help would be setting 'show posts' in searches rather then 'show threads'. That way people find the specific nugget they are after, can go back/forward a page or two as appropriate, and not get slammed with a 25 page thread.
    I tried searching through here to find the answer but I can't seem to find it. I am preparing for the WebOS1.2 to come out and have a few tweaks on my phone. I know I have to remove the tweaks from the quickinstall. What about the virtual keyboard, MyTether and the apps installed from the homebrew list?
    App Catalog & Update are down for me...is 1.2 on the horizon?
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    is 1.2 on the horizon?
    Hope so, but most likely just a server hiccup or something.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    This happend yesterday for about 20mins........ i wouldnt get my hopes up.
    Where the update
    --Marvin
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    App Catalog & Update are down for me...is 1.2 on the horizon?
    Update function is working again. Unfortunately, it says I am up to date with 1.1.

Also, App catalog is working again -- no new apps today.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    my source says 1.2 does not and will not exist. don't expect another update for awhile.
    come on 1.2- got damn you palm and your want to sync the pre with itunes.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    my source says 1.2 does not and will not exist. don't expect another update for awhile.
    And how reliable is your source if you don't mind me asking?
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    Really? So Sprint lied to its how ever many customers that own the Pre? Your source is not reliable what so ever. The only thing Palm may change is the number. Still the update is expected in Sep. According to Palm Reps and Sprint.
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    Quote Originally Posted by mbowe View Post
    I hear ya, but isn't a big part of why a thread becomes 25 pages... constant repeat of questions. I think something that would help would be setting 'show posts' in searches rather then 'show threads'. That way people find the specific nugget they are after, can go back/forward a page or two as appropriate, and not get slammed with a 25 page thread.
    What's also helpful is that we can search within the thread as well. The feature is right above the first post on any page of a thread, read like this: "Search this Thread"
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Update function is working again. Unfortunately, it says I am up to date with 1.1.
    My Update function just spins indefinitely, and has every time I've tried it over the past week or so. Anyone else have this issue, and/or know what it's about? I've tried resetting it, with no luck.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    My Update function just spins indefinitely, and has every time I've tried it over the past week or so. Anyone else have this issue, and/or know what it's about? I've tried resetting it, with no luck.
    It's because me, you and everyone and their mother trying to see if the updates out. No unusual.
    Quote Originally Posted by 93akkord View Post
    It's because me, you and everyone and their mother trying to see if the updates out. No unusual.
    I would think that, except I haven't had a successful update check in a couple of weeks, and I'm starting to worry that I won't be able to successfully connect when 1.2 drops. Are others totally unable to get a response when they update, or is it sporatic?
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Are others totally unable to get a response when they update, or is it sporatic?
    I tried twice today and both times it said my phone was up do date.
    if you look on the sprint page they pulled the update....maybe they will revise it
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    if you look on the sprint page they pulled the update....maybe they will revise it
    No, Sprint jumped the gun and got burned....they won't revise it until the update is actually released.