Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpre View Post
    were you in the installed packages view? when in there you tab the virtual keyboard. it opens up and there is a button at the bottom that says remove.

if you don't have that option maybe you have an old version?
    they keyboard was still in there for some weird reason and when u double tap so it pops put it would come out vertical like a whole line of letters going down i re installed it and rebooted the phone then i took it off and it worked haha thanx for ur help though ur the only one that tried haha
    Does Bell have any information on their website about 1.2 being released today?
    I really feel stupid checking for this 1.2 update. When was the last time you craved for a phone update. Palm again drops the ball on customer satisfaction. How come we can't get a "1.2 will be released on ..." notice instead of everyone playing the guessing game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    I really feel stupid checking for this 1.2 update. When was the last time you craved for a phone update. Palm again drops the ball on customer satisfaction. How come we can't get a "1.2 will be released on ..." notice instead of everyone playing the guessing game.
    I wouldn't say so much that it was Palm that dropped the ball as I would say it was Sprint. There was no indication (as far as I could see) on the Palm website that 1.2 would be released on the 8th
    I can't imagine them launching an update at this time of night. It will happen tomorrow during the Apple keynote by President Jobs....
    I really feel stupid checking for this 1.2 update. When was the last time you craved for a phone update
    when I had the TMo G1.... updates never came through on time either, always had to root the phone to do it.
    i rather it like this release dates always get pushed back
    and pam has been pretty good with the updates coming every few weeks
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    I can't imagine them launching an update at this time of night. It will happen tomorrow during the Apple keynote by President Jobs....
    That doesn't seem right. Palm should get it out their mind that they can upstage apple. I don't get the whole apple vs palm thing. Until palm releases desktop os, netbook/laptop (cough foleo), music app that is cross platform, and desktop syncing app there shouldn't be any more comparisons.

I would say Palm's competitors are Winmo and Android. Apple has a good ecosystem of creating apps and hardware that all sync together flawlessly. Winmo, android, palm rely on others to create hardware so their software can run.
    Palm just officially announced the Pixi...1.2 is definitely coming real soon.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    you would think... the specs did mention linkedIN and yahoo on the spriunt page.. nothing about facebook though.. but if palm releases this news this late? will they send out a OTA update this late??
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunks3 View Post
    you would think... the specs did mention linkedIN and yahoo on the spriunt page.. nothing about facebook though.. but if palm releases this news this late? will they send out a OTA update this late??

I think so! I'm an avid jetliner fan and Boeing did a middle of the night press release for the launch of the 747-8 in order to create buzz before the markets opened. Maybe Palm is doing the same!
  12. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    That doesn't seem right. Palm should get it out their mind that they can upstage apple.
    Upstage isn't right. They just might wanna get the free publicity by APPEARING, briefly, to upstage.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunks3 View Post
    Possibly, but I think somebody at Sprint just hit a button too soon on the update notes, and they decided it was pointless to yank them. Expect to see your updates going off (if you haven't disabled them like I have since I'm on 1.2) around noon-3PM Sunnyvale time (3PM-6PM EDT) tomorrow, that's the usual update time.

BTW, the LinkedIn support is in 1.2, but no Yahoo support, that's probably going to be in 1.3, which we'll probably see closer to or at the Pixi launch.
    mine has been on checking for updates.... for 10 min i dunno whats going on!?!
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    hmm good point. perhaps the sprint release was only partial and in the AM the official palm update will have a game changer in it. palm just wanted to wait until a few minutes before job's goes on stage to really shake him up...
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    to late good night
    Just drank a Red Bull. I'm coming after you 1.2. I will fight till the end with the refresh button. Yes. Till the end...

(probably not worth it eh?)
    In nine minutes, everyone hit the refresh button at exactly the same time ... ...
    Nine minutes from now?.... or now?
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Come on already Palm! Give us our cute little update!
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.