Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    for?
    1.2 update
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    Well if they do, they have never done that for any of the previous webos updates. They were always released in the afternoon.
    the past two came at night 1am ET(eastern time)
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Just got off the phone ( no pun intended) with Sprint CS.. I asked about the update...
    response " after it is listed on website it could take a few days to a week to be available"

FWIW
    the past two came at night 1am ET(eastern time)
    is mean 9/9 1 am?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    so no one elses pre starting checking for updates by it self?

my pre's messing with me!!

(still checking for updates)
    10:52 here and nothing yet... I also agree with the late night updates..
    If I was Palm and if there is a chance of itunes update. I would wait one day to steal press from Apple. Imagine Apple released itunes 9 and blocked Pre sync capability and Palm came back next day featuring number of updates and "oh and itunes sync is back". Why not free publicity.
    There is no award to win if they release it today. And quite frankly why in the night? Why not in morning or rest of the day. Hey crazy things happened in past but I will be very surprised.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Just spoke to Palm Support.

There will be NO update today. They got word down a short while ago that there was a delay of undeterminded time for the update to 1.2

She could not verify a new release time, but said it should be sometime before the end of the month.

So guess we can all keep our On Screen Keyboad a little while longer..
    hey everyone...i heard that the update might come out at midnight pacific time
    Quote Originally Posted by coolabc View Post
    is mean 9/9 1 am?
    palm HQ is in California I believe the time is 11pm or 8pm PT(Pacific time)
    i think
    YES!!!

I got to a' Rootin just in time to protect my schiznit!!! Just finished a few minutes ago with my primary goal:

Blocking Updates - WebOS Internals

that eye-candy update isn't gonna kill my tweaks, patches, apps and mods... No Way.

once Palm has somethiing more substantial to give us, something having to do with real business functionality then I will update. till then... neener neener neener to Palm
    palm HQ is in California I believe the time is 11pm or 8pm PT(Pacific time)
    i think
    oh yeah.just you think..

lol~
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    hey everyone...i heard that the update might come out at midnight pacific time
    Where did you hear it from?
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    i agree. my vote is its coming for an overnight release-it will just be easier for the servers to handle the load of downloads. most east coaster will get it when they awake and the load will spread westward. good call on palms part by doing this...
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperpre View Post

that eye-candy update isn't gonna kill my tweaks, patches, apps and mods... No Way.

once Palm has somethiing more substantial to give us, something having to do with real business functionality then I will update. till then... neener neener neener to Palm
    I was thinking about doing that myself actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by ray1b View Post
    Where did you hear it from?
    Mitch from Pimp My Pre
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fraz View Post
    No notification light?!? Booooo

Yeah. I'm very disappointed by that.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Just got off the phone with Jon Rubinstein and Dan Hesse via conference call, and they said they are skipping the update for this phone. Goodnight!
    i'm with u Warblad13. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by lovely_olemiss View Post
    i'm with u Warblad13. :-)
    thanks its nice having someone who isn't so negative on this forum all the time