IRC chat
    #webos-internals
  2.    #2  
    Anyone?
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    Did you look at the description and image? It lets you do a rescan, restart luna entirely, and restart java by clicking on a button rather than typing out the commands.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Basically, what he's asking is.

What are the benefits of restarting Luna or restarting javascript?

I personally like this because I see it as sort of a softer reset for when my phone gets laggy.

But I'd like to know exactly what restarting Luna/JavaScript would do. If it wouldn't reduce any lag (I just think it would because it kills all processed and would get rid of memory leaks(?))
    Mostly its main uses are for if you're modifying files on the Pre, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Mostly its main uses are for if you're modifying files on the Pre, really.
    Exactly what it was intended for.
    Good if you use the Terminal app...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I installed the acceleromator service and it said to restart java. Well I went to Luna Manager and it gives me a message that the Package Manager Service is not running. Did you remember to install it? If you did, perhaps you should try rebooting your phone.

Well I tried rebooting. No go. I tried uninstalling Package manager service and it gave me error [4]. So I'm at a loss here of what to do to get package manager service running or uninstalled and reinstalled.

Now when I go to launch preware I get the same message. It won't let me update the feeds either. HELP!

Any help?

TIA
    great app!its a must for installing patches.makes it alot easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightmaraude View Post
    I installed the acceleromator service and it said to restart java. Well I went to Luna Manager and it gives me a message that the Package Manager Service is not running. Did you remember to install it? If you did, perhaps you should try rebooting your phone.

Well I tried rebooting. No go. I tried uninstalling Package manager service and it gave me error [4]. So I'm at a loss here of what to do to get package manager service running or uninstalled and reinstalled.

Now when I go to launch preware I get the same message. It won't let me update the feeds either. HELP!

Any help?

TIA
    Try removing the acceleromator service first then remove the luna manager and preware... reboot the phone reinstall the package manager service reinstall the lunamanager and the acceleromator... must install preware after the package manager service
    argh... I can get the tweaks and services to shwo up in quickinstall but they are not uninstalling. Now I can't get any of the services to show up in device manager.

edit:
    well i managed to get in and delete pms and preware along with luna and reinstall all of them. Java will still not restart giving me the same message. Anyone have any idea about this? As far as my phone.. I do have a lot of patches installed and the phone seems sluggish. ie. Apps taking awhile to open after you select them. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Last edited by midnightmaraude; 10/02/2009 at 01:59 PM.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Hey,
    I know what Restart Luna does, but how about Rescan?
    If I install a patch/theme with Preware, will a Luna Rescan suffice, or does it need the restart.
    (Either way, it's way faster than a full phone restart)
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightmaraude View Post
    argh... I can get the tweaks and services to shwo up in quickinstall but they are not uninstalling. Now I can't get any of the services to show up in device manager.

edit:
    well i managed to get in and delete pms and preware along with luna and reinstall all of them. Java will still not restart giving me the same message. Anyone have any idea about this? As far as my phone.. I do have a lot of patches installed and the phone seems sluggish. ie. Apps taking awhile to open after you select them. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Did you ever find an answer to this? I'm having the exact same problem now.
    Basically I would like to reask the question above.

What is the best use of Luna Manager?

I used to use Preware, have gone to QuickInstall, but with all the changing systems, updates, tweaks and untweaks, I want to be sure I'm keeping my phone running as well as I can.

I had some issues with newer QuickInstall showing errors on tweaks during install, but they still installed and work, don't see a way to uninstall. Not a problem at this time.

But a good explanation of this, and yes I have searched, but I'm not a techy, I just follow directions well and give big thanks for answers and help!!
    Luna Manager is also handy for restarting Luna when it gets slow after a few days of heavy use. Much quicker than a full reboot and it accomplishes the same thing.

I REALLY hope Palm fixes the slowdown. It's getting obnoxious.
    Not sure if anyone in this thread is still experiencing this but the following solution worked for me:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post1974218

You may need to run WebOS Repair Utility as well. Also, if EPR does not uninstall itself in step 5 and you've rebooted your phone several times, try uninstalling it with Device Management in QI (that's what I had to do).

Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Did you look at the description and image? It lets you do a rescan, restart luna entirely, and restart java by clicking on a button rather than typing out the commands.
    So, can you give examples of how each of those 3 different features would be used? I always just restart Luna. In what instances would I use rescan & restart java?
    When you did patches through quilt you normally just needed to do a rescan for the patch to take affect. I'm not sure if this is still true via Preware.