Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post
    Palm should ship Songbird, plain and simple.
    isn't songbird even more of a resource hog then itunes is?
    I think I know how this will play out. Apple won't release their 3.1 update until Sept 24th or 25th (hence the AT&T MMS delay until the 25th). This 'forces' Palm's hand since Palm mentioned that their paid app store would launch before the end of summer (i.e., before Sept 22nd). So Palm will release 1.2 before Sept. 22nd and then Apple will release the 3.1 update on the 24th/25th which will break the itunes synch capability...
    wooow! that one thought
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I bet Palm is holding off on releasing 1.2 until they test it with the newest version of iTunes.
    If that's true, palm is pathetic. Instead of trying to trick iTunes, palm should either a) write their own desktop media app (not going happen) or b) write an itunes plug in that syncs the pre with itunes.

In other words, they should do what other non-childish companies do (Nokia,RIM,etc.)

If this back-and-forth goes on one more time, I'm going to lose all respect for palm. What kind of company does this?
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    I tried that software before and it's a mess.
    yes i've tried at least 6 or 7 builds and i've never kept it installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by biggnaa20 View Post
    Am I the only one who can't stand iTunes and would rather use something else anyway? Maybe I am missing the draw...
    I agree.. I think itunes is very un user friendly. I can't stand it myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjb_nyj101 View Post
    If that's true, palm is pathetic. Instead of trying to trick iTunes, palm should either a) write their own desktop media app (not going happen) or b) write an itunes plug in that syncs the pre with itunes.

In other words, they should do what other non-childish companies do (Nokia,RIM,etc.)

If this back-and-forth goes on one more time, I'm going to lose all respect for palm. What kind of company does this?
    I agree.. I think Windows Vista should not recognize apple hardware or any software that supports apple hardware. Why would windows support apple products? I think Steve Jobs is arrogant and egotistical. Let Mac users stick with itunes and ipods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    I agree.. I think Windows Vista should not recognize apple hardware or any software that supports apple hardware. Why would windows support apple products? I think Steve Jobs is arrogant and egotistical. Let Mac users stick with itunes and ipods.
    you both are taking this WAY TOO FAR! im a mac user and i ADORE my pre and one of my favorite features is the contact and media sync of itunes so this "game" is worth it for me and it makes me like palm more because they're basically saying "ey **** you apple, we run this town." (:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12