Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I noticed a few days ago, that Yahoo, CNN, Gizmodo and a few other websites now come in only the mobile version. CNN and Gizmodo offer you the option to switch to the full fledged version, but I haven't found it on Yahoo's site (I'm sure its there, I just can't see it). I might be in the majority on this, but I cannot stand mobile sites. One of the major reasons why I bought the Pre is that it websites look the same as they do on my pc. That's why I left the mogul behind. I searched and saw some tips about clearing my cache, cookies, etc and then restarting the phone but that didn't work for me. Does anyone know how I can get the full version of websites to show up besides clicking on options of the sites that allow you to do so? I truly hope I haven't lost a really important feature for me. Thanks in advance!
    Yahoo.com - Scroll to the bottom and click Desktop. If you log in and have Yahoo.com keep you logged in, you can change your prefs to have the regular Yahoo.com site load.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Thanks, I found it. Am I stuck doing this every time or is there a way to save my preference on the phone so I don't get the mobile version? I was just surprised because all the sites seemed to change the past couple of days. I never had to do this before. But at least there's a workaround, even if I have to do it everytime I access those sites (which are the ones I go to most often).
    My guess is that more and more sites are supporting the Pre with a mobile version. All they have to do is trigger their pages to respond to the browser on the Pre.

As for the settings, I am not sure. I am looking right now. I will let you know if I find something.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I guess it's something I have to get over. I've just never been a fan of the mobile sites. I will admit that they look better than they used to, but I just prefer the full look. Especially since this phone does such a great job with zooming and pinching. Oh well.