1.    #1  
    I just purchased a new PS3 Slim a few days ago. When I connect my Pre to it the ps3 doesn't read it. Is there a way to make this happen because I have photos that I would like to transfer to my PS3. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Does the pre show a dialog asking you what to do?
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Quote Originally Posted by aewatsonsr77 View Post
    I just purchased a new PS3 Slim a few days ago. When I connect my Pre to it the ps3 doesn't read it. Is there a way to make this happen because I have photos that I would like to transfer to my PS3. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    You may need to create a "Photo" directory in the Pre and place the photos in there.
    I don't have the Pre yet but I did try to watch a movie that I had on a USB flash drive on the PS3 and I thought at first that the PS3 couldn't read it.
    Out of curiosity, I then copied a video from the PS3 to the flash drive and put the drive into my PC. The video originally on the PS3 was in a "Video" directory. So, I just moved the movie to the Video directory and placed the flash drive back in the PS3, and there it was!
    Good luck,
    Jeff
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    When it pops up, go to the Pre, press triangle, and select show all.
    Quote Originally Posted by twigg View Post
    When it pops up, go to the Pre, press triangle, and select show all.
    I've also had this issue with my PHAT PS3 and the fact is that nothing pops up, nada. It just doesn't recognize the Pre being connected at all..... The Pre will ask if I want to just charge, usb, or media sync..... And I've tried all of the selections and the PS3 still doesn't recognize the Pre....
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Niris777 View Post
    I've also had this issue with my PHAT PS3 and the fact is that nothing pops up, nada. It just doesn't recognize the Pre being connected at all..... The Pre will ask if I want to just charge, usb, or media sync..... And I've tried all of the selections and the PS3 still doesn't recognize the Pre....
    So I guess they're not compatible......I hope I can find a way to make them play nice with each other.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    wait what does the palm pre and ps3 do when connected or what is it supposed to do or be about
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    If you had read the thread, then you would know. The user wants to be able to connect the Pre and the PS3, and put photos on the PS3 straight from the Pre. Since the PS3 does have photo capabilities, and even a neat slideshow application. I'd be interested in this too, as I might pick up a PS3 but would love if it worked with the Pre.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    You would think that if you chose USB Drive on the Pre, it would act like a USB drive on the PS3, and then you could hit the triangle to see all the files on the device.

I'll have to try when I get home tonight.
    The PS3 only reads FAT32 format on external drives. I have no idea what the Pre's format is, but if it isn't Fat32 this is your issue. Buy a thumbstick and be done with it.
    Hi, a couple of requirements to be noted with PS3.
    1. PS3 only reads FAT32
    2. You have to do the Triangle and then SHOW ALL
    3. the Photo directory is not required, and I believe it would have to be \PS3\PHOTO. Doing the Triangle and Show All makes this step obsolete.
    Last edited by raaja; 09/08/2009 at 10:26 AM. Reason: spelling errors.
    Quote Originally Posted by raaja View Post
    Hi, a couple of requirements to be noted with PS3.
    1. PS3 only reads FAT32
    2. You have to do the Triangle and then SHOW ALL
    3. the Photo directory is not required, and I believe it would have to be \PS3\PHOTO. Doing the Triangle and Show All makes this step obsolete.
    Yes, but we are not able to get the PS3 to reconigze the Pre in order to hint triangle then show all.
    wouldn't you be able to just send it using bluetooth? since the ps3 has that capability
    Quote Originally Posted by omgitsjordan View Post
    wouldn't you be able to just send it using bluetooth? since the ps3 has that capability
    Have you ever tried sending anything with ur Pre via Bluetooth??
    I sold my psp slim. I wish I had time to play on it. I was doing custom firmwares, download games for free and all kinds of sh(*)t on it. Those times.. now suddenly I feel like wanting my psp back.
    From what I'm seeing the Pre is supposed to be Fat32.
    Quote Originally Posted by CHEEZM03 View Post
    Yes, but we are not able to get the PS3 to reconigze the Pre in order to hint triangle then show all.
    Haven't tried it with my pre - but have had the struggle with an external drive.

My guess is that its not fat32.

Just saw the post above - if its fat 32, I don't know what the problem is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Niris777 View Post
    Have you ever tried sending anything with ur Pre via Bluetooth??
    no because i haven't got mine yet.. it was just a suggestion lol
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Guessin there's still no solution to the syncing between the Pre & PS3?.. Dont know about u guys, but i'd rather have it sync up with my Playstation than sh!tty itunes. Lets work on that Palm.
    the pre is fat32