Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    pre needs to have a real solid update coming not the fake *** updates we been having. htc hero is on his way to sprint an if pre dont step up the pre will be lost an it will be to late to plat catch up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    fake update????
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    fake update????
    I agree. Fake update? Please explain.
    You guys have to realize that webos is not dependent on Sprint, The Pre has been released on Bell in Canada and is in preparation for release in Europe and Asia and many other countries as well as other carriers in the US. Sprint Although having the lowest (simply everything,everything data) priced plans, Is still the # 3 carrier in the US. A WebOs Phone on Verizon or ATT would do so much more for Palm than Sprint could ever do even if the exclusive were 5yrs. Sprint would do more harm than good if they were to remain the Exclusive carrier for any more time than they already have.

Sprint doesn't have the customer base to carry palm.
    where you really laughing out loud as you made this thread? no really.
    i agree about the fake updates comment.the last updates were pretty much pointless that everyone was excited about for no reason.they DO need a major update.this phone is not worth keeping without all the available hacks.which means the coders here have done more for the pre than palm has,and these guys are working for free.thanks to them all,btw,for making my pre worth keeping.
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    i agree about the fake updates comment.the last updates were pretty much pointless that everyone was excited about for no reason.they DO need a major update.this phone is not worth keeping without all the available hacks.which means the coders here have done more for the pre than palm has,and these guys are working for free.thanks to them all,btw,for making my pre worth keeping.
    I think with 1.02 on we shall begin to see more "useful" updates. In the past, they have been geared towards stability improvements and business users. The upcoming browser updates alone are a welcome addition.
  8.    #8  
    palm needs to stop worrying about syncing with itunes. if itunes blocks us out no be deal there are many other ways to sync music
  9.    #9  
    an yes i was lol when i post this thread because its bad that homebrews its what keeping the pre alive. THATS SAD!!!!!!!!!!! ( your folks making the homebrews your rock i think palm needs to hire your)
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I want 16 year olds to stop making threads
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I like all the credit Palm has received for their four "updates" already. In actuality, those updates have brought nothing new to the table. 1.2 looks to be the first solid update, but they are only buying themselves about a month. If they think they can sit back after 1.2, roll out the app store, and just wait 3 or 4 months, then they deserve to fail.

They need to be releasing major updates about every 5 weeks that improve performance and add omitted features we all are complaining about. That is not unreasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    where you really laughing out loud as you made this thread? no really.
    He probably was. I know I giggled a bit as I read his post .
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    Those that required the added EAS functionality before they could use the Pre on their corporate networks probably disagree with you about how "pointless" they were.
    Setting yourself up for disappointment if your expecting something big from each update. A bigger disappointment if your wanting big updates every month.
    Imo they have made very good strides since the phone has come out. They are one of few companies that have updated their phone os every month (I'm not sure if its been exactly every month but you get the point) consistently since release. It proves that they are trying their hardest to get this up to par. Just my .02.
    I guess I'm still wondering why people who complain and hate the phone don't just return it and move on to something that works for them.
    Wow, I'm shocked at the level of ignorance displayed here. A major update every 5 weeks? No other companies do that, it's impossible. And Palm shouldn't do it either. Their update frequency has been unprecedented, and they probably can't continue it for long. Once they get video recording and flash done, I expect major improvements to slow way down.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike brody View Post
    pre needs to have a real solid update coming not the fake *** updates we been having. htc hero is on his way to sprint an if pre dont step up the pre will be lost an it will be to late to plat catch up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This forum needs some real posts. Not these fake *** posts with no capitalization. I mean, come on! You can't just say that the Apple forums didn't get capitalization for 2 years, we are talking about what the forums are RIGHT NOW. And the HTC forum, don't get me started. They capitalize like nobodies business. Get with it posters or I'm taking my forum back and switching.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    You guys have to realize that webos is not dependent on Sprint, The Pre has been released on Bell in Canada and is in preparation for release in Europe and Asia and many other countries as well as other carriers in the US. Sprint Although having the lowest (simply everything,everything data) priced plans, Is still the # 3 carrier in the US. A WebOs Phone on Verizon or ATT would do so much more for Palm than Sprint could ever do even if the exclusive were 5yrs. Sprint would do more harm than good if they were to remain the Exclusive carrier for any more time than they already have.

Sprint doesn't have the customer base to carry palm.
    I disagree there considering where Palm is at. Palm could focus more on upgrades if at home with one carrier in the US. A longterm exclusive would have more sprint investment and promotion and others would have to switch to Sprint. Instead of simply waiting as V & at&t told everyone they'd have the Pre or webOS in Jan.

Better marketing & partnership + no option to wait for it on a different US carrier would equal much better sales on Sprint.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    I agree with this, Palm put out a phone that was not ready, so they need to update this thing to make it compete with others before people move on to better things...Don't get me wrong, phone has a lot of potential, but they got lazy and were just money greedy...

And seriously, they released a new update for web updates? Who the hell cares about selecting text on a web page (i mean its cool), there are more important things missing that should have got more attention!
    Sprint Palm Pre-
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast