Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36
  1.    #1  
    Hopefully the next update includes a scrollbar. In landscape you can use the gesture area but you can't type web addresses or access bookmarks. I am constantly accidentally clicking links. Now that I think about it, don't most web browsers include a scrollbar. Blazer, winmo, skyfire, and opera all have scrollbars.
    Last edited by Dvigilante1; 09/07/2009 at 08:09 PM.
  2. #2  
    Opera doesn't have a scrollbar on my Touch Pro. It is a tap and drag technique just like the Pre.

    I don't have any issues browsing personally on my Pre, haven't accidentally clicked a link I didn't mean to yet.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

    Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
  3. gage006's Avatar
    Posts
    543 Posts
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    #3  
    No, it really doesn't.
  4. pdfierro's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    #4  
    Maybe it's just your personal preference, but a scrollbar would really detract from the experience if anything. We have a touch-screen, and this is a smartphone, not a computer. Just my opinion.
  5. JimFNJ's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #5  
    Wow
  6.    #6  
    Its been awhile since I ahd my htc touch (not pro) but I recall opera mini having a scrollbar. In any case I guess palm won't put the scrollbar as a priority since third party apps will include it. Seems like a simple feature to add since blazer had it.
  7. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdfierro View Post
    Maybe it's just your personal preference, but a scrollbar would really detract from the experience if anything. We have a touch-screen, and this is a smartphone, not a computer. Just my opinion.
    +1. The screen is small enough as is.
  8. #8  
    I think it does need an indicator to show where on the page you are, if not a scrollbar. Something that auto-fades a few seconds after you scroll on the page would be perfect.
  9. drizek's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    #9  
    The browser needs an option to get rid of the back/forward buttons. Thats what gestures are for.

    There should also be a gesture for reload where you start in one half of the gesture area, move up into the display and come back down on the other half. Get rid of as much clutter from the browser as possible IMO.
  10.    #10  
    I don't think people complained about the scrollbar taking up space on the treo and centro lines. Also the back/forward buttons need to go since it is redundant with the gesture area.

    FYI - Just checked youtube and opera mini does have a scroll bar.



    BTW - The Android browser and the iphone both have scrollbars.
  11. #11  
    It really doesn't. Modern web pages aren't long enough to require them, not even blogs
  12. Xyg
    Xyg is offline
    Xyg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,104 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    It really doesn't. Modern web pages aren't long enough to require them, not even blogs
    This.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    It really doesn't. Modern web pages aren't long enough to require them, not even blogs
    Thats an odd statement. Even on precentral I have to thumb through several times just to get to the bottom/message section. Google news is also a chore.
  14. #14  
    Opera 9.5 has scroll bars appear while you scroll and then they disappear. The pre should have the same. Hopefully 1.2 adds them
  15. #15  
    no scroll bar is needed
    even on a long web page 4 quick flicks of my finger will usually bring me from top to bottom a scroll bar is unnecessary
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    no scroll bar is needed
    even on a long web page 4 quick flicks of my finger will usually bring me from top to bottom a scroll bar is unnecessary
    Everyone doesn't have small fingers. It is better to have the scrollbar option available and remove if necessary than not having it to begin with. Especially considering Palm's previous smartphone lineup (i.e.Treo/centro) had a scrollbar. Again it just seems odd that the pre doesn't have one while all the other web browsers do.
  17. #17  
    I think its weird the text doesn't scale to size like the iphone and opera. What I mean by that is when you double tap the text gets bigger but doesn't scale to a column like opera. Either it zooms to little or too much causing sidewards scrolling
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    Everyone doesn't have small fingers. It is better to have the scrollbar option available and remove if necessary than not having it to begin with. Especially considering Palm's previous smartphone lineup (i.e.Treo/centro) had a scrollbar. Again it just seems odd that the pre doesn't have one while all the other web browsers do.
    your going to need even smaller fingers with a little scroll bar small screen and gesture on your right or left if your in landscape mode is all i'm saying
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    Hopefully the next update includes a scrollbar. In landscape you can use the gesture area but you can't type web addresses or access bookmarks. I am constantly accidentally clicking links. Now that I think about it, don't most web browsers include a scrollbar. Blazer, winmo, skyfire, and opera all have scrollbars.
    Exactly.

    There are some odd responses in this thread but I agree that it'd be nice to know how far I am up or down a page - or just to quickly jump to the beginning or end.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  20. #20  
    nope not necessary
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions