Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Scroll bars are sooo 2003.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Maybe not a scrollbar but there needs to be a a way to return quickly to the top of the screen after reading a long page, like forum posts.

The twitter app Tweed allows you to scroll to the bottom or top. While not as elegant as I'd like, it works. The browser should have this
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Exactly.

There are some odd responses in this thread but I agree that it'd be nice to know how far I am up or down a page - or just to quickly jump to the beginning or end.
    I second this. Its quite annoying having to scroll so much just to get to the top of the page once I'm at the bottom.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    I think the way it works now the browser is perfect.
    Not to mention that we have a kickass one in our hands... It is a phone, guys, not a laptop.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    I think the way it works now the browser is perfect.
    Not to mention that we have a kickass one in our hands... It is a phone, guys, not a laptop.
    I'm going to have to disagree with your here. The browser is very good but not exactly perfect. The new discussed changes to the browser in 1.02 should bring it one step closer however. There is one recurring issue where the page will partially load and no matter how many times you reload the page, it continues to do this. I have no idea what the cause is. All I know is that it happens quite frequently and it very annoying.
    I agree, reading forums like this, a scollbar is needed
    Quote Originally Posted by orlando_c View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree with your here. The browser is very good but not exactly perfect. The new discussed changes to the browser in 1.02 should bring it one step closer however. There is one recurring issue where the page will partially load and no matter how many times you reload the page, it continues to do this. I have no idea what the cause is. All I know is that it happens quite frequently and it very annoying.
    i get the same thing like a grayed the bottom half of the screen right?
    i thought i was the only one
    Guys, when that half-load happens, turn your screen to landscape and then back to portrait. Presto...it fully renders. It's a well-known bug Palm has yet to address.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Guys, when that half-load happens, turn your screen to landscape and then back to portrait. Presto...it fully renders. It's a well-known bug Palm has yet to address.
    Thanks a lot man, I will remember that.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atom00 View Post
    Maybe not a scrollbar but there needs to be a a way to return quickly to the top of the screen after reading a long page, like forum posts.
    it is available.

but I forget which hack or patch it was that allowed me to hit the back button to return to top of the screen, enter button to the end of the screen and space button to the middle of screen.

maybe someone can chime in.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Found it.

Its through the WebOS install, under tweaks and check mark downloading in web browser.

that should give you the option to scroll up, down and to the middle of a webpage.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Agreed with need for scroll bar or some other way to quickly get to the top or bottom of a page and also know where you are on the page. I have been reading news articles a lot on the Pre, and sometimes it's nice to know whether you're almost finished or not.

Might be nice if it only appeared when you want it to (perhaps hold gesture area and move finger along right side or something like that) as others have mentioned.

Browser is totally usable without this, but it would be a nice enhancement.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    Hopefully the next update includes a scrollbar. In landscape you can use the gesture area but you can't type web addresses or access bookmarks. I am constantly accidentally clicking links. Now that I think about it, don't most web browsers include a scrollbar. Blazer, winmo, skyfire, and opera all have scrollbars.

The web address and bookmarks can indeed be accessed in landscape mode by hiting the volume key up or down.... then tap menu. this was discussed in the past.

The screen is kinda small to cramp it up with a scrollbar imo..
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdcamjc View Post
    The web address and bookmarks can indeed be accessed in landscape mode by hiting the volume key up or down.... then tap menu. this was discussed in the past.

The screen is kinda small to cramp it up with a scrollbar imo..
    You are right they can be accessed but it is a workaround. There needs to be a way to enable all the functions that are available in portrait mode when in landscape.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    doesn't work well thanks anyway
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdcamjc View Post
    Wow. Thanks for the tip. Didn't know.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12