1.    #1  
    Hey i'm new to this PALM PRE DEVICE. I just recently up loaded FILE COASTER and PRELOAD. I think i remembering reading before installing one of thes apps that when PALM releases any updates that I would have to unistall these apps or something along these lines. Can someone give me some info. I really dont want to ruin this DEVICE. Its the best phone I've ever had.
    It would be much easier reading thru the threads. There are MANY on this topic and I mean MANY. You may be a while waiting for someone to answer this question.
    only undo tweaks dont worry about the apps
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    just dont install services using those apps and you'll be fine, also restore any hacks and mods done on webosquickinstall (if you did any)
    You do not have to uninstall Filecoaster or Preload nor the apps you installed using them. This is not to say that the apps or filecoaster and Preload will work after the update. Why you apply either patches or service to your Pre then those items must be removed prior to updating WebOS.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Homebrew apps will be just fine with OTA updates. Only tweeks you have made like the on screen keyboard, text forwarding...ect , would need to be removed.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    What happens if you lost track of the patches/tweaks/services installed and tried to do an official palm update?
    dont worry PreGk you can screw up ur pre beyond the good ol webos doctor he can fix it as long as its not physically broken or fried on the inside. thats what he is for
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->