View Poll Results: Do you use your Pre in the Bathroom?

Voters
392. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, all of the time.

284 72.45%
  • Sometimes, if its with me.

96 24.49%
  • No, never thought about it.

5 1.28%
  • Never, that is absolutely disgusting.

7 1.79%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    all the time. #1, #2 and #3
    What's a #3?
    A guy worked with was at the urinal, holding his gizmo with one hand and his phone with the other, talking. Another guy finished his business and flushed like a normal, civilized person. The dude with the phone got mad. He actually told the guy, "Hey, man, I'm on the phone... A little respect, ok?" So, the other guy went up kind of close to him and yelled, "IT'S A BATHROOM, DORK!" and flushed every urinal in the there. All things considered, I thought that showed great restraint.

Quote Originally Posted by isaiah32 View Post
    What's a #3?
    A 1 + 2, I suppose...
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I wouldn't talk on the phone, but texting and web surfing... Yes!

I had thought this was normal practice. One a friend told me "Don't text me while pooping" Perhaps I shouldn't have told her... Still perfectly normal!
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I think browsing on your Pre while in the restroom on toilet, fine. Speaking on the phone while in the restroom on toilet, no. It also drives me crazy when someone is using a urinal and talking on their cell.
    Is there any valid reason that it would be okay to read a newspaper or magazine, but not okay to browse, e-mail or play a game on my Pre?

I didn't think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaHooska View Post
    Is there any valid reason that it would be okay to read a newspaper or magazine, but not okay to browse, e-mail or play a game on my Pre?

I didn't think so.
    i think its ok for all those thing
    the only things that are not ok are stuff that don't belong to you.
    like a library book, thats just not "kosher"
    So I got my Pre not too long ago and I'm telling my in laws what all it does. My wife pipes up and says, "OMG, he's on that thing all the time. It even wipes his budt." I'm thinking, "Sweet, is there an app for that?"
    Clearly I am the only one who thinks that this is just wrong, but here is my reason why......and perhaps after thinking about it for a minute some of you may just look at things a little differently.

My bathroom phobia comes from working with several people (guys and girls) who will answer the call of Mother Nature, but won't answer the call of the soap dish when they are done.

I see these same people bringing files, and papers and other things into the bathroom with them to help pass the time away. Then these same people who don't wash their hands, will drop these files on someone else's desk to look at later, or drop the paper of on the kitchen table for people to look at later.

Then the unsuspecting person will come in and start to go through the work files or read the paper. Feel sick yet??

Well wait there is more........

Picture yourself in the office where this is happening...........

Now picture yourself looking at that file full or documents that you have to read.......

Or wanting to go to the sports section to catch the stats of the last match.......

Now tell me what do you normally do to get to those pages that are four or 5 pages in???

Yep you LICK YOUR FINGERS TO TURN THE PAGE!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH............................

So basically while you are turning the pages and licking your fingers, you may as well went into your co-workers office and said "hey dude, can I lick your **** for a minute I've got a few seconds to spare"............

So when it comes to the Pre........well you know that people want to look at the phone because let’s face it, it's just a great looking device, but what really is happening is that they are licking your butts!!

ROFLMAO!!

Now some of you may like that, but EWWWWWWWWWWWW...........that's just wrong on so many levels.

I will say this though, since I've brought this very topic up at my office we have banned files from being allowed in the bathroom, people have (for the most part anyway) stopped licking their fingers to turn the pages, and our usage of bathroom soap has gone up.

Now if I could only get them to brush their teeth more often I'd have it made!!!

Okay I feel better now! LOL.......
    Much easier than taking my laptop with me when I'm going to be in there for a while... However, I don't have Sprint signal in most of the public bathrooms at my university.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Smart View Post
    Clearly I am the only one who thinks that this is just wrong, but here is my reason why......and perhaps after thinking about it for a minute some of you may just look at things a little differently.

My bathroom phobia comes from working with several people (guys and girls) who will answer the call of Mother Nature, but won't answer the call of the soap dish when they are done.

I see these same people bringing files, and papers and other things into the bathroom with them to help pass the time away. Then these same people who don't wash their hands, will drop these files on someone else's desk to look at later, or drop the paper of on the kitchen table for people to look at later.

Then the unsuspecting person will come in and start to go through the work files or read the paper. Feel sick yet??

Well wait there is more........

Picture yourself in the office where this is happening...........

Now picture yourself looking at that file full or documents that you have to read.......

Or wanting to go to the sports section to catch the stats of the last match.......

Now tell me what do you normally do to get to those pages that are four or 5 pages in???

Yep you LICK YOUR FINGERS TO TURN THE PAGE!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH............................

So basically while you are turning the pages and licking your fingers, you may as well went into your co-workers office and said "hey dude, can I lick your **** for a minute I've got a few seconds to spare"............

So when it comes to the Pre........well you know that people want to look at the phone because let’s face it, it's just a great looking device, but what really is happening is that they are licking your butts!!

ROFLMAO!!

Now some of you may like that, but EWWWWWWWWWWWW...........that's just wrong on so many levels.

I will say this though, since I've brought this very topic up at my office we have banned files from being allowed in the bathroom, people have (for the most part anyway) stopped licking their fingers to turn the pages, and our usage of bathroom soap has gone up.

Now if I could only get them to brush their teeth more often I'd have it made!!!

Okay I feel better now! LOL.......
    that's nasty
    i agree anything anyone is going to touch is a no no
    like a library book
    The fart app is good for sitting on the throne.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by froggersloth View Post
    A guy worked with was at the urinal, holding his gizmo with one hand and his phone with the other, talking.
    talking to the phone or his gizmo?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lamboh View Post
    i do it all the time also....sometimes i would go in there just for fun to use my pre
    Funny how I have to use the bathroom after every new homebrew install.
    LOL...All the time. Gotta do something while on the throne
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Treo 650...Treo 700p...Treo 800w...Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    JUST as an FYI. Taking the phone to the bathroom and then taking a shower is causing moisture build up in the phone. I took a palm centro from one of my kids that quit working. they took it apart and showed me the little stickers that they put inside to detect moisture. they would not fix it and I had to call assurion.... YUK. this sticker was INSIDE the phone....not the one on the battery. I wonder if the palm pre has any inside of it.....
    That is actually the only reason I got a Pre. Also, I heard WebOS 1.2 will have a Sprint app that can wipe for you. I think it costs money though.
  17. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I don't because I don't bring my phone with me to the bathroom because there's water there. lol

My brother and my boss both do and especially if it's new and full of stuff to do. My brother probably took mine in with him. He ranks it by how big of a crap he has to take to figure it out.
    LOL i find myself on the toilet longer than needed playing with this darn phone
    standards.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    As long as you don't mix your wiping with your swiping.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast