Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    The Palm Pre advert that should have been http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAHsz8BxDk

Madam - I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception. Groucho Marx
    Yea, we are on our way to the top.
    So if that's the case where are all the apps?
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Patience padawan. Patience.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Just reporting on a story I see but you need to look at the issues with the Andriod platform and developer ecosystem to better understand why perhaps Palm development may be stronger.

However if the target isn't a hard one to reach then one has to ask whether being better than Andriod is something to shout about.

Apple leads the way, followed by the distributed (disorganised) Windoze mobile platform. Windoze will soon gain significant prominence in my opinion as it pulls together an impressive number of distributed apps into a single store. Therefore Palm should be aiming to be number 3. Unfortunately the gap between Palm and iPhone,Windowze Mobile will be significant as they have several years head start.

The goal of Palm should be to open up enough of a lead between it and the platforms behind it to differentiate itself as a clear 3rd place runner.

IMHO the number of Apps on the iPhone and the eventual centralised Windoze mobile platform will probably be a lot closer than many currently believe. Dare I say it but could it almost rival the total number on Apples store front !?

For Palm if that was the case it would be a good situation as more comparisons will be made between Palm and Apple.

Here is my one concern however, Palm have to put a lot of apps up there and I don't think they have them ready or will have them ready this year. By many I mean upto that magic figure of 1,000. The success of a European GSM launch hinges on the size of the Palm Apps store.

I know its not only about the number of apps but the fart apps on Apple's store haven't hurt them as numbers are an easy (dumb) measure for the masses.

So here is a question, how many apps currently exist for these platforms

• Apple iPhone
    • Windowze Mobile (all editions and versions)
    • Palm <200 (including homebrew which I hope will be eventually added to the official store)
    • Nokia
    • Blackberry
    The Palm Pre advert that should have been http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAHsz8BxDk

Madam - I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception. Groucho Marx