1.    #1  
    Now before any of the rabid fanboys start biting, take notice that I am a Pre owner and developer (Habla!).

That being said: 10 things you can do while waiting for the Palm Pre to boot | Between the Lines | ZDNet.com
    Last edited by taalibeen; 09/07/2009 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Spelling
    lol funny mine takes about 1 and half min not to bad so im good thanks ...lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    take a vacation....
    Pre boot time = fail
    Do - PrePoop.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Do - PrePoop.
    That sounds like something that happens on Taco Tuesday before you can make it to the latrine.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Actually, Pre boot time doesn't fail or you'd never be able to use your phone. It just takes a while. But given how oily it gets, use this time to whip out the hanky and give it a little cleaning.

Fortunately, there isn't often a reason to reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Fortunately, there isn't often a reason to reboot.
    Yeah, the boot time is pretty much a non-issue for me, since the only time I turn it off is for a re-boot for some system/install issue. Otherwise, it's airplane mode at night and back on in the morning for me.
    I guess people here never really had experience with a BB Tour. The Tours usually takes/took about 7-10 minutes, literally. And that's with its OS at 4.7.

I don't know why but my BB Curve booted up in about 2 minutes. So the Pre's boot up time is not bad.
    I didn't read the article but the title of this thread made me laugh because whenever I boot my Pre, I make sure I have something to do during the process.
    I usually reboot my Pre every morning, right before I jump in the shower. It's nice because when I get out I know that It is ready to go and that I am starting the day with no memory leaks.
    Drove a total of six hours across state lines to get a Palm Pre.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I like that idea of airplane mode at night. Thanks for the idea, now it won't ring, or ding for a text message but should still alarm
    I just compared the boot time on my iPhone and the Pre, and they were pretty close (started boot of Pre, then started of iPhone right after)...
    Psh! He doesn't deserve a Pre, anydangways!
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Check USB door to see how long you have until the cheap thing snaps. Mine lasted a month, wifes lasted 2.
    Windows and blackberry's take just as long to boot. Maybe the pre is 30-40 seconds behind
    I love when my Sprint Nav decides not to work for no reason.. I restart the app, nothing.. Just last night I had a call while driving to a known area, then I had to quickly go somewhere else (it was an emergency). I had no idea where the place was, but had an address.. I pulled over, typed in the addy.. started driving, Sprint Navi just got an error every time, restarted the app, same thing.. So i had to reboot my pre.. I started going in the direction I THOUGHT was correct.. after 3min of boot time, I found that I just went the wrong direction. BLAH
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
    I love when my Sprint Nav decides not to work for no reason.. I restart the app, nothing.. Just last night I had a call while driving to a known area, then I had to quickly go somewhere else (it was an emergency). I had no idea where the place was, but had an address.. I pulled over, typed in the addy.. started driving, Sprint Navi just got an error every time, restarted the app, same thing.. So i had to reboot my pre.. I started going in the direction I THOUGHT was correct.. after 3min of boot time, I found that I just went the wrong direction. BLAH
    Sprint Nav is beyond useless. I was on a trip in Hawaii and 7 out of 10 times, it couldn't find what I was looking for while google maps had no problem finding them. Between that, the random errors and the extremely spotty cell signal coverage over there (although I understand it's a challenge to cover such a mountainous terrain) only highlights the fact that we really need a real navigation program.

I wish TomTom Navigator would work under Classic.