Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Wonderful fast capturing Camera. Decent Lowligth performance.

WHY THE HELL is it being over processed by software?!

The pictures look like utter crap on anywhere but the pre's screen.

Is there anyway to turn off this on the spot post processing?
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I was disappointed in this camera also. Was expecting much better. Hopefully some software upgrades will improve it
    wait what are u guys talking about, the camera takes beautiful pictures , clean and crisp, in the dark is a different story
    Funny... my Cannon Rebel takes great pictures but sux as a phone, go figure.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BBossman1 View Post
    Funny... my Cannon Rebel takes great pictures but sux as a phone, go figure.
    LOL! I was thinking the same thing.

I use the Pre to take contact photos and such, but for real pics I would use my wife's Rebel.
    Last edited by Ripcode; 09/07/2009 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Fixed spelling
    Phone cameras are all terrible and should only be used at last resort. Buy a real camera.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    A lot of people will argue and say the Pre takes incredible pics, but I agree completely. The colors get oversaturated, they don't transfer well to screens and that damn purple sky.

It's a shame that people feel "hey it's only a cellphone" is an excuse for this. The technology has come far enough that we don't have to settle for "passable" photos. Hopefully next gen we get a major improvement.
    everyone that has seen pics from my camara love it best I have seen
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    2 minutes in lightroom.

Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    I would like to see custom white balance.
    It's not as good as my standalone digital camera, but I've had prints made off some Pre photos and they looked pretty darn good. Better than anything my old blackberries could muster - thats for sure.
    The pre takes better pictures than any other smartphone I have had so I don't know why you would say its bad..it would be nice to have autofocus but then the pics would take longer to be taken.
    Photos on the Pre are MUCH better than my last two phones (Instinct and HTC Mogul).

No complaints here.
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Had the Instinct before the Pre, and the "Pic Quality Sucked". This is by far the best quality pic phone out there. Beats the Iphone hands down.
    Same here. I had the PPC 6700 and the Mogul and the Pre's pics are by far the best ones I've seen come from a cell phone. I was very impressed!
    my last phone didn't even have a camera!!!
    work great with me almost no delay and pretty good quality
    not much options but that's ok that can come later on
    just hope video capture comes soon too

It's a shame that people feel "hey it's only a cellphone" is an excuse for this. The technology has come far enough that we don't have to settle for "passable" photos.
    I'm going to disagree with this statement. If this was true then why not use a digital camera instead of a camcorder since all digi cams can shoot video? Every device is purpose built. Smart phones are the jack of all trades but masters of none. Lets not forget this is a phone and for a phone it takes great shots. However i do agree the there is too much post processing done and tends to make photos look less appealing especially in low light.
    I think my Diamond took better pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveChiller View Post
    I think my Diamond took better pics.
    At least it did something right then. What a POS that was..
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    At least it did something right then. What a POS that was..
    That's an understatement....
    no 'Thanks'
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast