Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    sometimes i really can not tell if people are trolling.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Phone cameras are all terrible and should only be used at last resort. Buy a real camera.
    Phone camera's are NOT all terrible. Every phone camera that sony has launched rocks. My two year old walkman phone took better photos than my palm pre.

The pictures that come out of the pre are software (over) processed and I wish they would allow a disable/enable switch.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I must have got a bad camera in my Pre, because it sure doesn't take crisp clean pictures. Good for occasional photos when I don't have my 'real' camera, but certainly not a good camera, especially for being 3.2 mp
    At my work we went on a team building trip to a amusement park here in Northern Cali. During the trip I took multiple pictures using the Pre. When I sent out the pics the next day my co-workers were blown away at the picture quality.

The colors may be off a bit, but the overall performance is better than most smartphones out there.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    This is what I mean. The final photo looks like a watercolor.

http://i32.tinypic.com/2usd9ue.jpg

I want my raw photo file, I can handle the post processing much better on my own.
    I want to work in the full resolution, not what 'it' thinks is the best output. =p

Edit: (I should say, that's a 100% crop)
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Yes, RAW would be nice, but it will never even come close to my dSLR, so I won't lose any sleep over it. Video is much more important to me because that is something that my SLR actually can't do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fihiro View Post
    This is what I mean. The final photo looks like a watercolor.

[url]

I want my raw photo file, I can handle the post processing much better on my own.
    I want to work in the full resolution, not what 'it' thinks is the best output. =p

Edit: (I should say, that's a 100% crop)
    That's a great question for the development forum. Does the mojo API support RAW capture from the camera or is a jpeg your only option?

If it can capture raw images it would be great to tweak the picture app to include the raw mode.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Best cell phone camera I've ever had.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Phone cameras are all terrible and should only be used at last resort. Buy a real camera.
    "The best camera is the one you have with you"

I find camera phone pics to be ugly, grainy, inaccurate and obnoxious. BUT I also see some incredibly useful/memorable pictures that would never be accomplished if the user didn't happen to have a camera on their phone.

Most people DO have real cameras but what good is a camera sitting at home when something important is happening right in front of you?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12