Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    BlackBerry Essex on the way with WiFi - BlackBerry Blast!

If sprint mandating wifi, does this possibly mean that somewhere down the line 4g will be implemented, or is it just to encourage users to use wifi to lighten the date load and keep it balanced>
    Probably just because users want it and it helps there data network and extends usefulness of the device outside normal coverage areas.
    Let alone it saves sprint the need for adding more cells due to incresed traffic. All come down to $$$$
    Quote Originally Posted by bipoler View Post
    [url= Essex on the way with WiFi - BlackBerry Blast![/url]

If sprint mandating wifi, does this possibly mean that somewhere down the line 4g will be implemented, or is it just to encourage users to use wifi to lighten the date load and keep it balanced>
    no. Wifi and 4g are not the same. Wifi is 2400mhz and 4g is 2500-2700
    Quote Originally Posted by bipoler View Post
    BlackBerry Essex on the way with WiFi - BlackBerry Blast!

Yes 4g is coming! Sadly not on the Pre.
    New smartphones coming down the pipeline will require having WiFi integrated. This is one reason the Tour is relaunching next year with WiFi built in. I made more sense to launch it now without it and add it later in a relaunch than to wait for it. But there have been rumors since before the Tour was released it would happen, nothing official but RIM isn't known for keeping things under wraps particularly well.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)