Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Maybe it's not a homebrew app, it could be an appstore app. How long does it take after a reboot before you can't even open one card or more? You need to make notes about your usage patterns. Buy one of those 3 x 5 spiral notebooks at the local CVS/Walgreens and keep notes. This will either help you to spot a problem or give you enough details to better describe the problem here.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    rebooted many times, its good for like 5 hours but always comes back.
    What are you doing in those 5 hours? How many cards do you open at a time? What is the maximum number of cards you have opened?

Try and purposely close each card as soon as you are done with it (for about a day) and see if the problem does not resurface. I suspect you are inadvertently opening many windows (perhaps only once or twice, but that's enough to kick in the bad behavior you are seeing). If you religiously close apps and the problem does not appear, then go ahead and leave say one app at a time (one you have kept open in the past) to see if you can get that to show the problem again.

Think about anything you might be doing that is "more extreme" than the usual user: For example - do you have something really different (like 10,000 contacts) that other people might not have?

Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    Cant install Doctor since i have a Vista 64 bit version
    Maybe you can bring the phone into a store than and have them restore it with the webos doctor for you.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    What are you doing in those 5 hours? How many cards do you open at a time? What is the maximum number of cards you have opened?

Try and purposely close each card as soon as you are done with it (for about a day) and see if the problem does not resurface. I suspect you are inadvertently opening many windows (perhaps only once or twice, but that's enough to kick in the bad behavior you are seeing). If you religiously close apps and the problem does not appear, then go ahead and leave say one app at a time (one you have kept open in the past) to see if you can get that to show the problem again.

Think about anything you might be doing that is "more extreme" than the usual user: For example - do you have something really different (like 10,000 contacts) that other people might not have?

Maybe you can bring the phone into a store than and have them restore it with the webos doctor for you.
    Thanks for your insight and posts!

Na nothing out of the ordinary.

For instance yesterday i tried at one point to open 7 different apps and see what happens. (when it allows me to open i can open many apps, then error comes up later)

I had a web page,web page, camera, Twee, Music, Messaging and Video.

Sure enough i got a newer kind of message i hadnt seen before of a critical memory issue and i needed to close apps. Not the error of "sorry, too many cards" a different notification.

Something is not right with my Phone
    I'm not even gonna front like I'm tech savvy, and sure as hell don't have the time or patience to take notes for every time my phone fails

I rebooted it and it seems fine now, we will see how long it lasts. I don't use any homebrew apps. I haven't started using any new apps or changed my use pattern since this started happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow View Post
    I get the same issue after using Google maps?
    I will have to second that Google Maps seems to be an issue in this regard. When I use Go To and open up the coordinates in Google Map, after a while of scrolling around, more often than not I get the card error.
    PalmPilot => PalmIII => Palm 300 => Treo 600 => Treo 650 => Treo 700 => Treo 750 => Palm Pre
    on webos 1.1, and my error usually comes with the built-in camera and photos apps.
    There's a known issue with the javascripts on Digg.com sites being too complex and locking up the pre browser.
    From what I've read elsewhere (but maybe in this thread) it seems that web pages with a large number/size of images) seem to caust this problem all by themselves. Someone noted that "car" sites (forums/boards with User Generated Content) are a good example of such a site. Others have mentioned GMaps also causing the problem. I guess the common thread is that the browser/gmaps loads a lot (or all) of the images into memory and because of that, you don't have memory to open cards. On the web and in GMaps, maybe they could put a switch to limit the amount of memory that the browser is allowed to take (and then let the browser and GMaps applications figure out how they each should behave under a more constrained memory allocation).

BigGamer3, I don't think there is anything wrong with your Pre. If you can get better at closing out cards more often, that might help. I think Palm needs to update WebOS so that it is faster at reclaiming memory too.)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123