Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48
  1. yellow's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    #21  
    I get the same issue after using Google maps?
  2.    #22  
    Can't be Google maps as I haven't used it all month
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    Can't be Google maps as I haven't used it all month
    so what do you use?
  4. #24  
    I am having this issue too, haven't tried any suggestions yet on fixing it, but will as soon as I'm done.

    I noticed it started happening after downloading the Pre app for Tweed. befre that I was almost all homebrew apps with no problem.
    Just if people are curious as to potential apps causing it.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by hashman007 View Post
    I had the same problem a few days ago. I had three apps running...camera, photos, and messaging.....
    In my observations, Camera and Photos are the two biggest memory hogs I've experienced; "Too Many Cards Open" (memory leaks) after running these two
  6. #26  
    biggamer3 - thanks for being willing to take the baton and to try and run with it (further debugging what's really happening). Whatever you might learn should be helpful, but even if you aren't able to ascertain anything, my suggestions for avoiding the problems should work for you.

    EDIT: PS: I'm pretty sure Palm has already debugged the problem. Learning more will likely just satisfy our curiosity.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  7. #27  
    i used to get that problem with a few websites, i think hotmail was one of them. they may have fixed it by now, but yah.
  8. edbtzy's Avatar
    Posts
    189 Posts
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    #28  
    in linux, when i use the "all" +m command, it looks like lunasysmgr is eating all my memory up...i don't know what to do, i dont want to keep rebooting my phone everytime i get this error...i guess i just have to wait for 1.2 and hope for thebestt

    I open 2 apps after a reboot, and i get the same card message
    Last edited by edbtzy; 09/07/2009 at 06:16 PM.
  9. #29  
    I have a question on where to find the program "top" I will try this in Development Mode, not rooted, to see. I am having this problem too, have none of the above apps, and it occurs with only 1 or 2 cards open. The only way I can operate my phone is to remove batter for reset.

    Pclancy, thanks for great post!
  10.    #30  
    Mainly used Web and Camera App along with Twee last two days, got error again both days.

    This i got right now, comical with just one App open!

  11. #31  
    For those of you who get this error when running the Web, the cause is a script running on the webpage that doesn't load correctly. It builds upon itself and continues to use system memory. Exponential growth, so to speak. If you close the card and wait for a few minutes, the Pre will end the process.

    It seems that the Web application needs some work, as the same thing happens in Internet Explorer 8 on Windows XP.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    For those of you who get this error when running the Web, the cause is a script running on the webpage that doesn't load correctly. It builds upon itself and continues to use system memory. Exponential growth, so to speak. If you close the card and wait for a few minutes, the Pre will end the process.

    It seems that the Web application needs some work, as the same thing happens in Internet Explorer 8 on Windows XP.
    But i am using the same sites since i got the Pre and only started getting these errors after 1.1

    Will there be a fix for me or am i screwed with this error daily?

    If i have music playing i have to shut it down completely to start up a web page most of the time which is nuts
  13. #33  
    I have documented a few sites that give me the error most. Tops on my list are these:

    ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports

    Yahoo!

    NBA.COM - The Game Happens Here

    TV Network for Primetime, Daytime and Late Night Television Shows - NBC Official Site

    I really only see this error weekly. I reported the error, so we shall see if anything changes with WebOs 1.2.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    I have documented a few sites that give me the error most. Tops on my list are these:

    ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports

    Yahoo!

    NBA.COM - The Game Happens Here

    TV Network for Primetime, Daytime and Late Night Television Shows - NBC Official Site

    I really only see this error weekly. I reported the error, so we shall see if anything changes with WebOs 1.2.

    Dont use any of these sites, but if its the Web app causing these errors, i hope 1.2 solves the problem as its getting to the point i would have to return my Pre if the situation isnt fixed
  15. #35  
    I too have been getting this error a lot more frequently than before. I am sure its from an app causing memory leak, I just don't know which one. I may have to do some testing here in the next couple of days if it persists.
  16.    #36  
    Guys i got it 5 seperate times today, and just now with zero apps open.

    How do i solve this problem?
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    Guys i got it 5 seperate times today, and just now with zero apps open.

    How do i solve this problem?
    I'm getting the same thing over and over again now. I literally can't open up a single card.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdustu View Post
    I'm getting the same thing over and over again now. I literally can't open up a single card.
    Even after a reboot? What apps have you run since the reboot?

    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    Guys i got it 5 seperate times today, and just now with zero apps open.
    How do i solve this problem?
    You should run webosdoctor to bring your phone back to a default state and see if the problem exists there. (I suspect it won't.) Then slowly add more programs, one or two at a time - waiting long enough for the problem to resurface or not, and when you find any app that is causing the problem, report that app (and any relevant configuration of it) here.

    I feel bummed that you are having such problems. It's time you treat it like cancer and operate to remove it. Once you have treated the symptom you can then go back and start researching the cause.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  19.    #39  
    not even using many homebrew apps.

    Basically just using web for last few weeks
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    Even after a reboot? What apps have you run since the reboot?



    You should run webosdoctor to bring your phone back to a default state and see if the problem exists there. (I suspect it won't.) Then slowly add more programs, one or two at a time - waiting long enough for the problem to resurface or not, and when you find any app that is causing the problem, report that app (and any relevant configuration of it) here.

    I feel bummed that you are having such problems. It's time you treat it like cancer and operate to remove it. Once you have treated the symptom you can then go back and start researching the cause.
    rebooted many times, its good for like 5 hours but always comes back.

    Cant install Doctor since i have a Vista 64 bit version
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions