1.    #1  
    Couldn't find anything on this yet.

But have any of the people with 1.2 tested the app number limit? or is that even possible to test since the app store can't connect?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    same limit
  3.    #3  
    thanks
    remember the leaked version might not be the final version so hopefully they solve this issue with the next update with the app catalog coming out
    This is something that really can't be determined from the leaked WebOSDoctor.

WebOSDoctor is designed to re-establish an OS to a device that previously had that OS. It's likely that it's "assumed" that the existing Pre's are going to get their 1.2 upgrade OTA. If that's the case, any repartitioning will likely be done by the script that does the OTA upgrade.
    It's not a limited # of apps, its a space limit. The var partition is a 32mb partition, best I can tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    It's not a limited # of apps, its a space limit. The var partition is a 32mb partition, best I can tell.
    Ummm strike one. It is 256mb actually but nice try. There is a physical limit of 60 apps between homebrew and app catalog apps however, you can continue to install homebrew apps past the 60 mark just the updater app/app catalog won't work.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    I'm sorry was that rhetorical?
    Did not some one some in all the postings show a way to move some of the apps to another section of the memory so that you could go beyond that restriction? And if so would it be a concern for palm OS updates?
    Preware by-passes the limit (whatever it is).
    Thanks. Already have it. There just seems to be so much happening so fast here these days that I seemed to have forgot.