1.    #1  
    Got my phone on release day minor probs, slight yellowing at the bottom from heat, small Oreo effect, but now the power button is stuck in or possibly out idk it just isn't moving when hit and obviously my 30 is gone so am I screwed. Btw no insurance I am normally very careful with phones.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    no insurance? take it to a repair center. maybe they can replace the part cheaply and quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncaa68 View Post
    Got my phone on release day minor probs, slight yellowing at the bottom from heat, small Oreo effect, but now the power button is stuck in or possibly out idk it just isn't moving when hit and obviously my 30 is gone so am I screwed. Btw no insurance I am normally very careful with phones.
    i THINK the pre comes with a one year warranty
    it is under warranty for one whole year for defects ,take it back now, quickly!!!!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    It does but that requires for you to send it to Palm. Take it to a repair center they will be able to fix it cheap.. And why didnt you get insurance? Come on man its not an IPHONE we can actually get it so why not take advantage of it?
  6.    #6  
    Second question, if the battery dies or it somehow shuts down is there anyway to turn it on with out a power button?
    not without opening up your pre and voiding your warranty
    If the people at your Sprint store have any brains at all, they'll replace it with a new one. I've had two replaced with brand new phones for other reasons (oreo and cracks). You shouldn't have any trouble. Remember, companies like Sprint will get away with whatever they think they can get away with... and whatever you allow them to get away with... so don't smile and tell them what you want before they have the chance to tell you what they're going to do.
  9.    #9  
    Guess I have a part three ? I just thought of do I need to get current with my bill before I go? I might be a payment behind student loans r raping me
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Second question, if the battery dies or it somehow shuts down is there anyway to turn it on with out a power button?
    Yes, when the device is shut down remove the battery for 10 seconds. Put the battery back in, wait 5 seconds then connect the pre to a computer via USB it should start to boot up.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lucasoil4u View Post
    It does but that requires for you to send it to Palm. Take it to a repair center they will be able to fix it cheap.. And why didnt you get insurance? Come on man its not an IPHONE we can actually get it so why not take advantage of it?
    Sprint provides warranty service to every phone it sells, including the Pre. The following is taken from Sprint's website:

"We will cover the manufacturer warranty for mechanical or electrical failure at a Sprint service location for one year from the date of your device's original activation."

Take it to Sprint and they should take care of it free of charge.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    my dad had the same issue. He took it to a sprint store and they exchanged it on the spot at no cost. Good luck.
    I had a simular issue with stuck power button. They were able to fix it for free at the sprint service center. They said it was a common proplem. I do have the sprint insurance i'm pretty sure it's the best 5 buck I spend every month. I'm hard on phones, over the years it's safe to say they have replaced or repaired 20+ phones phones for me.
    III,V,Vx,T,TX,Pre
    I say just take the phone into the store and say you want a replacement. I went in, expecting to pay a deductible on a new phone, but they "worked" on it, and said they will order me another one. Got it a few days late, and loving it. Haven't tweaked or homebrewed yet. Fear I may mess sumthin up... want my phone runnin as fast as possible... I can wait for the GPU support/native app support and SDK to drop before tweaking again....

Things are about to get alottttt sweeter for us webOS adopters:

Palm's Native webOS App Secrets Revealed
    mine did the same thing, it counts as a defect. Free replacement without and insurance claim or deductible, however they did have to order the new one so I had to go back the next day to have the swap done. Also the Pre is not serviced or worked on other than software per Palm they can only be replaced for hardware issues.