1.    #1  
    Anyone have any ideas on how to set your Pre to do an auto restart every night at a certain time, or put it in Airplane mode every night from 11 PM to 6 AM?

As a long time Treo user, I am just used to being able to set NVBackup to backup my Treo to card, then restart every night. I know my Pre is NOT a Treo, but I guess I am just anal. I still reboot my PC every day too. I just like to have a fresh start every day, just in case there is a memory leak or something.

And it would be nice to turn off the phone automatically at a certain time, so I don't get someone's Twitter or Facebook update at 3 AM when I am trying to sleep...

I know I can do both of these easily the old fashioned way. Just wondering if I missed an app that will do it for me, or any tweak that someone is aware of...

TIA!
    Quote Originally Posted by long_tall_texan View Post
    Anyone have any ideas on how to set your Pre to do an auto restart every night at a certain time, or put it in Airplane mode every night from 11 PM to 6 AM?

As a long time Treo user, I am just used to being able to set NVBackup to backup my Treo to card, then restart every night. I know my Pre is NOT a Treo, but I guess I am just anal. I still reboot my PC every day too. I just like to have a fresh start every day, just in case there is a memory leak or something.

And it would be nice to turn off the phone automatically at a certain time, so I don't get someone's Twitter or Facebook update at 3 AM when I am trying to sleep...

I know I can do both of these easily the old fashioned way. Just wondering if I missed an app that will do it for me, or any tweak that someone is aware of...

TIA!
    There is currently no app or tweak that can do what you've described. The only current way to have it implemented is to have root access and run a cron job. I wouldn't recommend it unless you are tech-savvy and you know what you are doing.

If so, you could have the phone shut down (but not boot up I think), reboot, and possibly turn vibrate on at whatever time/day you wish.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. Maybe someone will build an app for it sometime. I am pretty tech-savvy, just not in the unix/linux world. I have just never had any experience with it. I guess it is time to learn. What's the worst I could do? There is always the WebOSDoctor to bail me out. Right? And I just did that yesterday to see how it worked and how easy it was to reload everything.

I really like that. Kind of like the good old FDISK followed by FORMAT C:
    I actually managed to do this by accident. While developing my app, I managed to write a piece of code to crash the entire device, resulting in a restart. Since the alarm service in Mojo allows for your app to run at a specific interval, I can write an app to restart the device every 24 hours. Problem is, crashing the device on purpose is not ideal, and could cause data loss. It would be awesome to restart the device correctly every 24 hours.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Still no way to schedule a restart every night? I would really love an app that could do this.
    There IS an app to turn on airplane mode automatically now. Battery Saver.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelet View Post
    Still no way to schedule a restart every night? I would really love an app that could do this.
    Yeah, I agree. I had Battery Pull for the Blackberry and it was nice. Scheduled for it an automatic restart twice a week and phone always ran fine.
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    An app like Quick Pull for Blackberry would be nice. I have QuickPull on my Blackberry for work. It allows you to set a specific time to perform an automatic restart on the phone.

For example, I set mine to restart at 3:30 a.m. everyday. This works great for me, and the phone always seems to run very nicely.

For any homebrew folks, I would definately pay for an app that would do the same thing on my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by drjb74 View Post
    An app like Quick Pull for Blackberry would be nice. I have QuickPull on my Blackberry for work. It allows you to set a specific time to perform an automatic restart on the phone.

For example, I set mine to restart at 3:30 a.m. everyday. This works great for me, and the phone always seems to run very nicely.

For any homebrew folks, I would definately pay for an app that would do the same thing on my Pre.
    Yeah, that's what I meant...Quickpull
    I too would like this. I would also like an app that autostarts a couple cards after the reboot. I have several cards I have up always and would find it moderately annoying to relaunch them every morning.
    yes we need this
    Just finished writing an app that allows you to schedule daily reboots. I'll post it as soon as I add in the ability to cancel the reboot if the alarm occurs while you are actively working on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Just finished writing an app that allows you to schedule daily reboots. I'll post it as soon as I add in the ability to cancel the reboot if the alarm occurs while you are actively working on it.
    I eagerly await! If you need a beta tester I'll be happy to help
    Read this thread and try xorg tools. You can reboot daily or run any program and more.

http://m.forums.precentral.net/webos...wer-users.html
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Got it working; uploading now. Should show up in the PreCentral feed under the name "Reboot Scheduler" soon. Lemme know if it works for you.