Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Again this thread is so maybe some of you will get it.

Unless you installed an app from the official app store or from the official homebrew app store. You WILL have to remove it before 1.2. or risk going to the Dr. with it

If you have to ask then you probably have to remove it.

Any unofficial tweak through preware,WebOsQuickInstall,preload,filecoaster, or any where else it has to go!!!!!

so in short No it wont work! we all knew this when we started modding these phones. Didnt we learn anything from 1.1.

I personally think it adds to the fun, having to remove all of the little personalizations we've done to upgrade and then see what it take to get it even better.
    i dunno... some us have done so much with homebrew and mods to the OS that it might make sense to risk it and run the update since it would take longer to uninstall everything than to go with the dr if need be. haha
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by turbooxide View Post
    i dunno... some us have done so much with homebrew and mods to the OS that it might make sense to risk it and run the update since it would take longer to uninstall everything than to go with the dr if need be. haha
    My point was to address the 20 or so new threads about will my v keyboard,or my my tether still work after 1.2.

Either ask the developer or remove it. Its that simple because if you modified the code in any way when palm pushes the new code your revisions will be moved, Maybe not enough to affect your mods but more than likely.
    I plan on running WebOS doctor for firmware 1.2 to ensure a clean install. My Pre is so modded that it would just be best to do this.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Living life on the edge is FUN!!!

Regarding tweaks:
    (Maybe I'm less fun that most I guess. I tend to manage the risk you speak of by not going too hog-wild on tweaks unless something really bothers me. )

Regarding real homebrew apps:
    These I love (and I've been having a lot of fun with them)! If Palm changes the infrastructure out from under these, then the apps might be broken for a day or less until the fix is worked out. That's still a faster track record that say commerical vendors like Motion Apps when Classic was broken with WebOS 1.3.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post

Unless you installed an app from the official app store or from the official homebrew app store. You WILL have to remove it before 1.2. or risk going to the Dr. with it
    On what are you basing this "have to"?
    Keep in mind, I'm not saying it's not a good idea, but I disagree strongly with the "have to" aspect of your warning.

I've had mods done to my phone since after the very first update (the one we did on June 6), and updating with the mods in place hasn't hurt my phone.
    @bclancy: What are you talking about? Are you on the same space-time continuum as the rest of us? How can you know about fixes for what was broken in 1.3 when 1.2 isn't even out yet? And how can you compare fixes for 1.2 (which isn't out yet) with fixes for 1.3 (which isn't even a glimmer in anyone's eye yet)??? Serious violations of causality here.
    is package manger or inrernalz/FileMgr Service a tweak?
    Think he ment 1.03 not 1.3
    --Marvin
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I plan on running WebOS doctor for firmware 1.2 to ensure a clean install. My Pre is so modded that it would just be best to do this.
    i agree with you ! i will do the same as well

If you have to ask then you probably have to remove it.

Any unofficial tweak through preware,WebOsQuickInstall,preload,filecoaster, or any where else it has to go!!!!!

so in short No it wont work! we all knew this when we started modding these phones. Didnt we learn anything from 1.1.

I personally think it adds to the fun, having to remove all of the little personalizations we've done to upgrade and then see what it take to get it even better.
    I won't address everything that bugs me about this post, but...

We didn't "all" know $#!+ from 1.1. Some of us fifn't have Pre's at all before that update was released.

Your tone seems unjustified.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    ive been trying to find out this same thing and no one seems to answer or know the answer so i gave up .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    ive been trying to find out this same thing and no one seems to answer or know the answer so i gave up .
    No, it's not a tweak. It's just an app and a service. It's fine.
    thats good to know thanks hack!!!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    I've seein you ask this question over and over again in a few other posts. Not 100% sure on this but as far as I can tell Internalz is and app and FlieMgr is a service or script that lets Internalz run.

The FileMgr has to go, that means that Internalz won't work so mine as well delete it and start over after the update.

Hope thats some kind of help to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhack View Post
    No, it's not a tweak. It's just an app and a service. It's fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by TWC_SouthPhilly View Post
    I've seein you ask this question over and over again in a few other posts. Not 100% sure on this but as far as I can tell Internalz is and app and FlieMgr is a service or script that lets Internalz run.

The FileMgr has to go, that means that Internalz won't work so mine as well delete it and start over after the update.

Hope thats some kind of help to you.

argggg 2 totally different answers!!!!!!!!!!!!
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I won't address everything that bugs me about this post, but...

We didn't "all" know $#!+ from 1.1. Some of us fifn't have Pre's at all before that update was released.

Your tone seems unjustified.
    There was no tone in my post! you will have to remove any hack or tweak that was installed. If it was an Ipk then it should be fine. Otherwise it PROBABLY has to go.

BTW I dont care what bugs you! and what the hell is fifn't.

If you would use english we could probably understand you better. That was a tone!
    Reminder keep everything civil. You can critique the posting but not the poster.
  19. jhp
    Does the upgrade patch anything, or does it do something similar to ipkg update/upgrade? If it patches anything then I'd imagine that tweaks would cause problems, but if it just applys new packages then tweaks shouldn't get in the way unless a non-updated package that was tweaked depends on something that was upgraded, then it's probably a crap shoot.

Services could be more complicated, especially if the linux kernel is upgraded, I'd think that they should just be removed before upgrading to be safe.
    There was no tone in my post! you will have to remove any hack or tweak that was installed. If it was an Ipk then it should be fine. Otherwise it PROBABLY has to go.

BTW I dont care what bugs you! and what the hell is fifn't.

If you would use english we could probably understand you better. That was a tone!
    Actually, you probably won't have ot remove anything. If the past is any indicator, the update will remove them for you; whether you want to or not.

That was what he meant by "tone". You sounded as if you are positioning yourself as an authority, but really have no information backing it up.

Is it a "good idea"? Possibly, depending on how much a person has done. I submit that those that have "lost track" of the hacks they have done are probably better off just installing the update when it comes out, and seeing what happens. The update is likely just going to write over all of the existng code. If so, a user stands a much better chance of munging something trying to "undo" stuff they did 3 months ago.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast