Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    MY pre got wet and is now broke. Does anyone know if it has the sticker inside that changes color when it gets wet? I tried opening it myself but even with all the screws removed I can't really get it opened.
    Thanks.
    more than likely it does. All phones do nowdays. Just suck it up and buy a new one on ebay for like 300
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Take the battery out immediately and put your pre into a bowl of uncooked rice for a couple of days.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Doesn't the insurance cover water damage? I sure hope you got it...
  5.    #5  
    I do have insurance but I don't think it covers water damage. It does covers if its lost so I will probably just say it was lost. Its $100 deductable.

I looked real hard with a flashlight and from what I see there is no indicator sticker. I'm really thinking about just taking it back and saying I don't know what happened.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trick440 View Post
    MY pre got wet and is now broke. Does anyone know if it has the sticker inside that changes color when it gets wet? I tried opening it myself but even with all the screws removed I can't really get it opened.
    Thanks.
    Yes there is a water indicator strip. I've seen it in posted somewhere. It is replaceable if you have the Sprint TEP; you will have to pay the $100 deductible though.
    there is a color change indicator near where you plug in the usb cable at.

Pre WiFi Tether Results
    Quote Originally Posted by balderson View Post
    Doesn't the insurance cover water damage? I sure hope you got it...
    It doesnt matter if you have insurance! the tep is a way for sprint to get free money every month. All you have to do is call and put the tep on your phone right before you walk into the store and it will be covered!
    I do have insurance but I don't think it covers water damage. It does covers if its lost so I will probably just say it was lost. Its $100 deductable.

I looked real hard with a flashlight and from what I see there is no indicator sticker. I'm really thinking about just taking it back and saying I don't know what happened.
    Great, more insurance fraud. It's people like you that drive up prices for the rest of us. You should try taking responsibility for your actions, who knows, you may even get a warm fuzzy feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    It doesnt matter if you have insurance! the tep is a way for sprint to get free money every month. All you have to do is call and put the tep on your phone right before you walk into the store and it will be covered!
    I thought you could only add it in the first 30 days you own the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike S View Post
    I thought you could only add it in the first 30 days you own the phone.
    This is true.

So you're saying you see nothing wrong with lying to avoid paying what you really owe? Wonder how you'd feel if they took you're Pre in the back to look at it, then insisted they don't have it, don't know what you're talking about.

Theft is theft. And yes, there is color indicator. If you've got TEP, it covers water damage as well as theft. Pony up the $100, be more careful next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    The ethical standards of people sometimes amaze me. Probably shouldn't...
    The TEP insurance deductible also covers damage, not just loss:

Equipment Replacement Program

Coverage for lost or stolen devices, as well as devices with liquid or physical damage.
    • The fee for the program is $4 per phone, smartphone or mobile broadband card per month.
    • There is a $50 or $100 non-refundable deductible per approved claim depending on the device.
    • File your replacement request within 60 days of the loss, theft or damage.
    • You can have up to three approved claims for loss, theft, physical or liquid damage within any consecutive 12 months.
    • Replacement equipment may be the same or comparable equipment—like kind or quality—with similar features as your original equipment. Replacement may be refurbished, reconditioned or different from your original phone or mobile broadband card.
    • For full terms and conditions: Equipment Replacement Program Coverage Certificate.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Because cell phone carriers are always ethical in their customer relations. Give me a break....if you can pull a fast one on them, go for it.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post

Coverage for lost or stolen devices, as well as devices with liquid or physical damage.
    • The fee for the program is $4 per phone, smartphone or mobile broadband card per month.
    • There is a $50 or $100 non-refundable deductible per approved claim depending on the device.
    • You can have up to three approved claims for loss, theft, physical or liquid damage within any consecutive 12 months.
    • Replacement equipment may be the same or comparable equipment—like kind or quality—with similar features as your original equipment. Replacement may be refurbished, reconditioned or different from your original phone or mobile broadband card.
    • For full terms and conditions: Equipment Replacement Program Coverage Certificate.
    IT IS INSURANCE COVERAGE!!! not theft. The poor guy was just asking if it was covered.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post

Wow, up to three a year? That's pretty high. Besides insurance fraud (lol), is there anything preventing someone from fake-losing their phone and selling the new one on eBay?

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    Wow, up to three a year? That's pretty high. Besides insurance fraud (lol), is there anything preventing someone from fake-losing their phone and selling the new one on eBay?
    You have to send your broken one back, or you have to pay for the refurbed one. (It's probably rarely new)

I had TEP, but I didn't realize you had to pay a $50 or $100 deductible.

So I paid $7/month for a year, then washed my phone, thought I was cool, and because I had TEP, and then had to pay $50 (it was a razr). I had another one in 2 days, but it would have been cheaper just to buy a new phone.
  19.    #19  
    For some reason I didn't think the insurance covered water damage. It does so thats great.

As far as the ethics, ...I'm going to take it back and say I don't know what happened, if they fix it for free great, if I gotta pay $100 thats fine too. I wouldn't feel bad either way I have had sprint for over 10yrs maybe and have never had an insurance claim, so honestly I wouldn't flinch one bit it by leaving some details out.

Thanks guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    your name is forever linked to the devise s/n and it is locked when claimed stolen or lost and cannot be opened
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast