Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by trick440 View Post
    ... I'm happy, sprint gets to take my money for atleast the next 3yrs...
    did you type 3 years by mistake? I only know of the two year.
    For 3 years I hope you paid $99.99 after rebate

DUDE!!! you got screwed.
  2.    #42  
    Ok Maybe it was 2yrs, I'm not leaving sprint anyways, I put up with them when they where crap (non stop dropped calls, terrible customer service), all those problems are gone, So I'm here to stay.

<edited Don't try and bypass the language filter>
    Last edited by palandri; 09/06/2009 at 10:26 PM. Reason: language
    Trekker can I pay you $100 to shut the hell up?
    You can pay me $100 and I'll tell you how to add his userid to your ignore list [hint, hint].

I can't be mean: Here's what to do anytime you would like to ignore a user:

Click on "User CP" at the top of a page.
    Scroll down a bit and click on "Edit Ignore List".
    Type in the userid that you wish to ignore.
    [The last step might be something like pressing an OK button or something.]
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Trekker can I pay you $100 to shut the hell up? No one got screwed here guy, my phone was broke, yet I still gotta read ur crap.
    This is the very first sentence in your first post:

MY pre got wet and is now broke.
    After we pointed out your desire to commit insurance fraud, or just fraud in general, you then tried to say your phone was broken from the beginning.

You don't have to read my posts and you can keep your $100, you probably stole it from someone anyway.
    OWCH!
  6.    #46  
    Thats how I get all my money! Btw, I wouldn't ignore anybody, this is the internet, I expect and accept the trash talking that gets tossed around, I'd even go as far to say as I enjoy it every now and then.

Trekkers right as far as the concept, I just unfortunately don't care on this situation. Now if I was planning to flood my house and collect $80,000 .. throw me in jail cause I would deserve it.

Its all good and my trash talking on here is the same as I would do to someone I know, nothing to serious.
    I like how someone qouted me about not saying anything when I return the phone, but they edit out how I have had insurance for over 10yrs and never made a claim.
    That would be me. The fact that you paid for insurance and never collected is besides the point. It's not a savings account, it's insurance.

So lets say my phone never broke, I would of been going around for who knows how long with a speaker I can barely even hear,. Then lets say I find out that the speaker was originally broken, Sprint would of never took it back for free. So call me a bad person. I'm gonna chalk it up as instead of me getting screwed, karma balanced everything out and the world is still going to be ok.
    What a load of baloney. The end justifies the means? I don't think so.

Every theif there ever was justifies his theft.
    I see you got it replaced. Whoever did that exchange should have checked the phone thoroughly, but sometimes even the indicators don't trigger when submerged, not often, but it can happen.

The device has two indicator strips, one more easily seen and the other is farther in the device requiring it to be taken apart or something like a dentist mirror to see from a specific angle.

A Stolen phone is marked in the system as such and takes quite a bit of work to get it off of that list, the original owner (for example if you got it from a friend who thought they lost it) must have it removed.

You could theoretically add TEP within the 30 days after your phone is damaged however that is considered insurance fraud. If you file a claim within 30 days of adding TEP Asurion will have you sign an affidavit saying that the device was in working condition but later was damaged or lost. Knowingly defrauding an insurance company is a felony. Are they likely to further look into it? Not unless you have done it in the past really. However if they choose to, having posts on the internet that can be linked back to you about such things probably isn't going to help your case now is it? Just saying...

Glad to see it was resolved however and you're back in business. :-)
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Thats how I get all my money! Btw, I wouldn't ignore anybody, this is the internet, I expect and accept the trash talking that gets tossed around, I'd even go as far to say as I enjoy it every now and then.

Trekkers right as far as the concept, I just unfortunately don't care on this situation. Now if I was planning to flood my house and collect $80,000 .. throw me in jail cause I would deserve it.

Its all good and my trash talking on here is the same as I would do to someone I know, nothing to serious.
    Why is that any different? Actually, I can see the insurance fraud on a house (though I don't agree with it). A home is needed, folks get upside down and panic.

You decided to steal over what is basically an electronic toy.
    Man I feel ya pain, I got tossed in the pool with my pre and now it doesn't even turn on. Giving the whole pre in rice thing a chance but if it doesn't work I'm nervous to get a refurbished phone.
    the bestbuy phone insurance covers water damage w/ no deduct. it doesnt cover lost or stolen though.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123