1.    #1  

Check out the video about 1:40 into it when he starts talking about the camera.
    Look at the animation after taking a picture, it's so nice.

Why'd they take it out, and can we re-enable it?
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    it's already slow as molasses...why would you want to make it even slower? Once the GPU gets enabled they can do stuff like this.
    Why would the GPU not be enabled?
    Add feature over time and keep the interest. Just a thought. Also keeps product alive.
    Camera is speedy as hell when taking pictures...the only slow part is going to the pic you just took (which was improved a bit).
    I honestly never really noticed an improvement after the 1.1 update.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post
    it's already slow as molasses...why would you want to make it even slower? Once the GPU gets enabled they can do stuff like this.
    Slow? Seriously? This is the fastest camera I've ever used on a phone...by FAR.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Yeah this camera phone hands down is the fastest.
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch2k12 View Post
    Great question. I would love to here an official response from Palm on this myself. It's sad really, because its a state-of-the-art PowerVR 530 GPU, basically the same as the iPhone 3G S, but by the time Palm gets around to recoding the sdk to allow low level access to it, it will be obsolete.

Because of this, its going to be web-based apps only for quite some time.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch2k12 View Post
    There is, apparently, no way for the Webkit based shell to access the GPU to perform functions. And there won't be a way to do it for possibly a year with webGL, and even then it's not going to be great.