Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi everyone.

It turns out logmein does work with the Pre. Follow the instructions below.

1. Go to www.logmein.com and log in as you normally would.

2. Once logged in, click on the computer you want to connect to. Once you do, a blank white screen will appear.

3 Now type in the following URL:
    [url]

4. You'll now see the familir login page. Click Remote Control and you can control you computer with no apps required.

This does work...you are simply tricking the logmein site to work with the Pre.
  2.    #2  
    Sorry...url needed is
    H t t p s : / / secure . Logmein. Com / connect_mozilla .asp

Sorry for the spaces...don't know how else it will appear in post
    Screenshot?
    No need :-) I can confirm it works for me as well. Great find! Question how did you find out about the workaround?
    Last edited by stealph; 09/06/2009 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Update
    This is Free to test, but you have to pay after right?
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMyPre View Post
    Sorry...url needed is
    H t t p s : / / secure . Logmein. Com / connect_mozilla .asp

Sorry for the spaces...don't know how else it will appear in post
    You mean like that?
    https://secure.logmein.com/connect_mozilla.asp

It is simple. Post a reply and at the bottom, in your additional options, untick the box "Automatically parse links in text".

Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
  6.    #6  
    Exactly...its totally free...don't know how to screenshot...I promise it does work. Use the https url after logging in' clicking on computer, and getting white screen.
    I could log in and view things but inputting items was not really possible. I tried logging into precentral but it would not let me.

Here is a screen shot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    This is Free to test, but you have to pay after right?
    If you sign up for the free version I believe it automatically signs you up for the pay version for a month or something. Then when the month is up it gives you a bunch of reminders and you can just downgrade to the completely free version. I haven't paid for it at all.
    Nice find. How did you find this solution? It definitely is not the optimal solution, as it uses the screen shot image mode and reloads a new image for each new position or click....but ina pinch it could be useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I could log in and view things but inputting items was not really possible. I tried logging into precentral but it would not let me.

Here is a screen shot.
    You have to use the text input box at the top of the window to enter any text
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    You have to use the text input box at the top of the window to enter any text
    Gotcha. It was still pretty difficult to navigate having it refresh every time you click something. I guess it is better than nothing.
    I just tried that too,. ughh that was PAINFUL .

I'll stick with Classic and EZRemote for now, until there is a native PRE remote client..

I also dont want to have "extra" stuff running on my desktop, which is the same reason I dont want the Pre VNC. With EZRemote I just rely on the already running terminal services on my Windows XP Pro desktop.

But nice find, for those that dont need to do a lot of navigating from remote.
  13.    #13  
    Might be a way to improve speed though I haven't tried it yet...try setting the host computer to http instead of java or activex in the preferences section...it might be faster..can anyone try and confirm?
    This could be good, needs some speed and other work
    Larry
    Wow - it does work; Thanks!
    Observations: If someone changes the remote screen, it does not automatically update on the Pre. But, every time I touch the Pre screen, it updates. So, don't think you are going to see someone moving a mouse around. Also, I tried changing the zoom level (Logmein control) but was not able to 'click' on screen objects accurately after. Leave it at 100%.
    Mytether: [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by lmaglione View Post
    This could be good, needs some speed and other work

Agreed, there is a lot of potential here. I was surprised at how clear my work computer screen looked. Thanks op!
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    What about Orb?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

What about the beta sling player mozilla thing?
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    This works, but it defaults to HTML remote control, which is only intended for troubleshooting. The types of remote control are ActiveX, Mozilla, Flash(new), Java and HTML. HTML requires you to reload the entire screen after each click. If we get flash support, this would work much better. Either that, or a version of LogMeIn Ignition, as there is for the iPhone. There's barely any noticable latency with that.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    hmmmm. I'll keep using my Windows mobile work phone for this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast