Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I have a phantom skinz screen protector on my Pre. Almost everything about it is great: It looks natural, the screen still works perfectly, no peeling, etc. However since having it, I've noticed that my screen seems to have lost almost all friction. When I'm holding the phone in one hand, it's nearly impossible to push up on the screen to open the slider due to there simply being no friction there. My thumb just slides up. Same thing happens if I try to close it with one hand. Hell, even with 2 hands it takes some carefully placed thumbs and some hard pushing

Anyway, I was just wondering if everyone who uses some sort of screen protection deals with this too. It's very annoying to me personally.
    I've been using Body Guardz since 3 days after launch day and have had zero problems with sensitivity, bubble etc. Except for around the sides, you can barely tell it's there. I'm using the touchstone back cover and choose not to protect that side.
  3. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    I've got the Phantom Skins on my Pre, and I estimate it has about a five to ten percent INCREASE in the friction level compared to a clean, unprotected screen.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    O_O

Mine's so slippery I can slide my Pre screen-down along an unpolished wooden table for a good two+ feet with just a gentle shove. (this isn't something I do on a regular basis, just to demonstrate my point >.>)
    see if the innocase will fit on ur pre with that skin if so it will stop all that. i have a zagg invisi. shield and works great with the innocase with a little mod to the skin
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I also have the BodyGuardz & I haven't noticed a loss of friction. I think the InvisibleShield has even more friction, but it for the same price I got TWO BodyGuardz instead of ONE InvShield
    I have a Boxwave and if I don't wipe off my greasy face prints, I have a heck of a time sliding it open.
    I have a phantom skin....just have to pay attention a bit more haha.
    I had body guardz, it started peeling and getting crap under the sticker , but I had no problems opening the Pre.

I will say, I do miss the feel of the naked pre. It is so sexy.
    I have Boxwave too but I have the Boxwave case so I have no problems opening it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rajun asian View Post
    I have a Boxwave and if I don't wipe off my greasy face prints, I have a heck of a time sliding it open.
    ha ha ha lol funny man
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I really like the invisible shield and you can't beat the lifetime warranty
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    i just use my whole palm to open the phone haha instead of just my thumb
    I've got the seidio screen protector, and its awesome. I can slide the screen up with it, its clear as hell, easy to apply, and if you mess up, or get dirt in it, you can wash it off and reapply it. Well worth the 15 I spent on it.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I feel you. I have a Phantom Skinz on and it's uber slippery. In fact, so slippery that the little beast flew right out of my hands onto the hardwood floor in my kitchen. No cracks or dings but now I have HUGE Oreo effect and clicking. *sigh*

It looks great, though. I definitely think that the Phantom Skinz are super slippery compared to my naked phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I've got the seidio screen protector, and its awesome. I can slide the screen up with it, its clear as hell, easy to apply, and if you mess up, or get dirt in it, you can wash it off and reapply it. Well worth the 15 I spent on it.

Elysian893, Does the seidio come pre cut for the Pre phone. (No pre bun intended. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepopscience View Post
    Elysian893, Does the seidio come pre cut for the Pre phone. (No pre bun intended. :-)
    That's a Preposterous pun!

Anywhoo, I have the ZAGG Invisible Armor, works great! Friction is really based on how hot it is that day. Some days it feels like my finger is glued to the screen (really a negative) and some days it's like floating a stick of butter in a sea of Crisco (that was only when I had the protective back on it). I find that using some hand sanitizer when I'm planning on some heavy use makes the feel of the screen a lot better. Just make sure to get it really dry so you don't damage the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoDramaMama View Post
    I feel you. I have a Phantom Skinz on and it's uber slippery. In fact, so slippery that the little beast flew right out of my hands onto the hardwood floor in my kitchen. No cracks or dings but now I have HUGE Oreo effect and clicking. *sigh*

It looks great, though. I definitely think that the Phantom Skinz are super slippery compared to my naked phone.
    you may be able to fix that oreo effect, just look it up in the forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη