Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello, any of you lucky ones with 1.2 notice any difference as to battery drain?
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    [Deleted by moderator]
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/08/2009 at 02:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by inrelief View Post
    [Deleted by moderator]
    What is ur problem? The person simply asked if it had better battery life. This phones battery isn't very good, my old BB is a smartphone, lasted two days. The OP question is legit

I am curious too if it has any improvements. I heard rumors of CPU scaling to improve battery!! That would be nice, especially to last a full day
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/08/2009 at 02:02 PM.
    Honestly, I've been playing with it so much that I haven't had a normal pattern of usage for it yet.
    I sure hope 1.2 improves battery life. For those of you who are playing with it, please chime in.

I'm at day 4 with my Palm Pre, and am seriously considering whether I should return within the 30 days because of the battery drain. I come from a long line of Palm devices, including the Treo Pro, 800w, 700wx...
    Quote Originally Posted by denik View Post
    I sure hope 1.2 improves battery life. For those of you who are playing with it, please chime in.

I'm at day 4 with my Palm Pre, and am seriously considering whether I should return within the 30 days because of the battery drain. I come from a long line of Palm devices, including the Treo Pro, 800w, 700wx...
    Be patient, as your usage evens out and the battery gets "on its feet" so to speak it will improve a lot - for example yesterday I took my phone off the charger at 8am and still had 80% at 5pm... I get an average of about 30-35 hours per charge with a few calls a day and a fair bit of web browsing.
    ya the battery life isn't very appealing, I really hope it improves soon! I miss the BB battery life a lot sometimes
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denik View Post

Why did you switched from a Treo to Pre? There is no similarity between Treo and Pre, so you cannot expect the Pre to work as your previous Treo. For kicks, the iPhone drains the battery faster, compared to a Pre.

Quote Originally Posted by donald.aleshire View Post
    ya the battery life isn't very appealing, I really hope it improves soon! I miss the BB battery life a lot sometimes
    The only fancy thing I was doing on my Blackberry World 8830 was reading emails and wait forever for a web page to load in a crap browser. When I work with my Pre is like working with a really mini-mini-laptop. Fantastic experience, incomparable to any phone out there, IMO.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    My Pre battery has gone from a complete dissapointment to pretty standard. I had a 650 and a 700p/wx that had 3 days worth of charge so I was pissed with the Pre.

Now i am easily making it through the day and even when i use navigation I have decent performance. For running an advanced OS like this, I think it is doing well.

I have had my Pre 42 days now.
    I bought mine on June 29....Battery life never was what I hoped for, I was sometimes having to put my phone in airplane mode at the end of the workday to keep the battery from draining completely (I work in a building interior with crummy reception). I ended up getting one of the Seidio 2600 batteries, and I am now happy. It also was excellent during a long travel day with lots of down time at the airports (and web surfing and Pandora-listening). My Pre is bulkier, but it is similar to the Treos that I happily carried for four years.
    Mike B in OKlahoma

Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre

11.    #11  
    What I am getting at is whether the CPU scaling or what-not has been implemented, or some other changes which affect the battery life after 1.2...thanks in advance to anyone who has 1.2 installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by inrelief View Post
    [Deleted by moderator]
    Dude...it's people like you that make people like myself check this forum less and less. You're a ******. Just cause you're hiding behind a computer monitor doesn't mean you get to flame someone every chance you get. It was a legit question. Stop being so angry with the world.
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/08/2009 at 02:03 PM.
    I ran in Data off mode this morning(using WiFi) for 3 hours and barely used any battery. Took it off the charger at 8am, and I've been using it pretty extensively today compared to my norm, and I just hit 10% about 10 minutes ago. Its on the charger now, I figured it'd have shut down already, but it stayed on longer it seems.
  14.    #14  
    Well thanks Elysian, sounds like at least it's no worse than before ;-) I guess time will tell.

**and it sure would be nice if Palm would give us an exhaustive list of changes when they officially release this thing.
    I work near a computer throughout the day, so I just plug it in when I sit down
    I can only second what was said about the Seidio 2600 battery. I have one too and just the other day really put it through hell being in a roaming area from 10 am until 8 pm. I was on Wifi as well watching videos, surfing, and trying out all those new apps that came out. At 11 PM at night the 20% warning came on. So yeah....it's a great battery and a great investment if you're a Pre owner.
    There is no way I get 'all day usage' out of my pre battery, location services off and then if I use navigation the battery goes quick if I do not have it plugged in to a car charger and I have had the phone over a month.. Should I exchange it or what?
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    As odd as this sounds the Pre seems to beat my Centro by a fairly large margin when it comes to battery life. I've been pleasantly surprised.
    To answer the op: I'm pretty sure I read in the endless thread about new 1.2 features that the rumors of cpu scaling were untrue. At least as of the leak they were untrue, anyway.
    I agree with the 2600 changed my pres ability i have been using it for 13 hours today with out a charge moderate to heavy usage and i am at 70%

Fred
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast