Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 55 of 55
  1. #41  
    I love my PRE but I get no battery life at all -- it's plugged in while in the car, when I'm at work, and at home. I have location services off -- I don't get wifi out here. I guess if it didn't have so many email accounts coming in, it would be better? But as long as I can be near a charger, it works great.
  2. #42  
    I've had my phone off the charger since 8am this morning(its now 3pm), and used it for web browsing on WiFi(again data usage off) for a couple of hours, and then had it in my pocket while working on my friends car(again data usage off), and now that I'm home, I'm at 76% battery life. I'd say turning data usage off if you don't need it is a pretty epic battery saver. Now I just wish it was in the WiFi/Airplane Mode menu, for convenience. I also would rather have it where WiFi was on all the time, and it'd automatically switch the data network off anytime I was near a trusted network, since thats most of my day.
  3. #43  
    i have the same problem with battery life...i only have one email account connected, and it's not on push (it used to be, but for me, it seemed to drain the battery even faster) and i use the browser occasionally but maybe not more than 15 minutes total throughout the day. If i get a phone call that lasts about 20 minutes, my battery is usually down to 20% after 6hours of use, and then by the end of the school day, my phone is dead. i bought the mungen 1400 battery, hopefully that will give me a few more hours, and i understand that this is a smartphone, but i really would like it if there was someway that the battery life could become better. also, of course, my brightness is all the way down, location services are off, i use wifi when i can, but still. i heard that there is a way you could do your own cpu scaling, however, i dont know how to root my pre, so that is out of the question. hopefully palm will include it in another update?
  4. #44  
    I bought the Mugen battery too.. but find that I probably won't need it now. How many times have you cycled your battery? I've gone through about 6-7 charges now and find my phone lasts quite a long time.
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    I bought the Mugen battery too.. but find that I probably won't need it now. How many times have you cycled your battery? I've gone through about 6-7 charges now and find my phone lasts quite a long time.
    if you dont need that battery i will take it off ur hands lol sorry j/k
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6.    #46  
    Hi guys, any more feedback on this 1.2 battery life question?
  7. wprater's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    Be patient, as your usage evens out and the battery gets "on its feet" so to speak it will improve a lot - for example yesterday I took my phone off the charger at 8am and still had 80% at 5pm... I get an average of about 30-35 hours per charge with a few calls a day and a fair bit of web browsing.
    I've constantly seen your postings about the Pre's "excellent" battery life. How are you able to get these results? Are you running on airplane mode?

    I've average about ~10% an hour.. this is not very good battery life and 1.2 did not help. BTW, my batter is very conditioned. I have a touchstone, so that is great to keep this baby charged.

    However, if Im up at 8am, with the phone off the charger, it's not going to last past happy hour..
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by denik View Post
    I sure hope 1.2 improves battery life. For those of you who are playing with it, please chime in.

    I'm at day 4 with my Palm Pre, and am seriously considering whether I should return within the 30 days because of the battery drain. I come from a long line of Palm devices, including the Treo Pro, 800w, 700wx...
    The Extending Battery Life Tips made all of the difference for me.

    - Craig
  9. #49  
    Will it last half as long as my BlackBerry Curve? That would cool.

    Quote Originally Posted by inrelief View Post
    {deleted by moderator]
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/08/2009 at 02:15 PM.
  10. #50  
    However, many of the tips reduce the value of the Pre.

    For example, increasing the email notification window, turning off alerts, turning off data, turning off BT, etc.

    It is a SMART phone and hobbling it to eek acceptable battery life seems tragic.

    IMO.

    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    The Extending Battery Life Tips made all of the difference for me.

    - Craig
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by deparson View Post
    However, many of the tips reduce the value of the Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    The Extending Battery Life Tips made all of the difference for me.

    - Craig
    I did not follow all of the tips but some were just no-brainers like turning off Sprints data collection and the GPS when I don't need it. I took the steps that had little effect on my usage.

    Setting it to get emails as they arrive saved a lot of needless background queries and battery life. It also means I get emails almost instantly now.

    Using WiFi instead of EvDO whenever possible also made a huge battery life improvement for me. I was avoiding WiFi thinking EvDO would take less power. Not true.

    I am not forgiving the Pre's battery. I am just saying that there may be things that you can do that may help your battery life with little or no loss of functionality.

    Is it OK just to let others know of these ideas so that they can make up their own minds?

    - Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/08/2009 at 02:43 PM.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I've had my phone off the charger since 8am this morning(its now 3pm), and used it for web browsing on WiFi(again data usage off) for a couple of hours, and then had it in my pocket while working on my friends car(again data usage off), and now that I'm home, I'm at 76% battery life. I'd say turning data usage off if you don't need it is a pretty epic battery saver. Now I just wish it was in the WiFi/Airplane Mode menu, for convenience. I also would rather have it where WiFi was on all the time, and it'd automatically switch the data network off anytime I was near a trusted network, since thats most of my day.
    Wow are you seriously the only person in this whole thread who instead of talking about an extended battery decided to actually answer the op's question. You're the only person who's completely on topic in this thread.

    The question was about battery life and 1.2, yet everyone decides to throw in posts that have their own threads already.

    The few people like you are the main reason I haven't stopped using this forum.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    Wow are you seriously the only person in this whole thread who instead of talking about an extended battery decided to actually answer the op's question. You're the only person who's completely on topic in this thread.

    The question was about battery life and 1.2, yet everyone decides to throw in posts that have their own threads already.

    The few people like you are the main reason I haven't stopped using this forum.
    Thanks. I submitted feedback to Palm about my own ideas to make the Pre get better battery life, hopefully it gets implemented. Was all having to do with the new Data Usage option, and how WiFi acts while disabling Data Usage.
  14.    #54  
    Indeed, nice work Elysian.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by springsyeti View Post
    There is no way I get 'all day usage' out of my pre battery, location services off and then if I use navigation the battery goes quick if I do not have it plugged in to a car charger and I have had the phone over a month.. Should I exchange it or what?
    If you use navigation it will kill your battery on any device, sorry.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions