1.    #1  
    Any way to backup linked contacts? I have like 800 facebook friends and linking took me like 5 hours, I'd really really hate to have to re-do it.. Anyone have a solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    Any way to backup linked contacts? I have like 800 facebook friends and linking took me like 5 hours, I'd really really hate to have to re-do it.. Anyone have a solution?
    TELL me I'm not gonna have to re-do it everytime there's a webos update.
    While I don't believe there's a way to back it up yet, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. It will only be an issue if you have to perform a hard reset (or webOS Doctor), so as far as updates go and everything you're good.
    Ummmm ... so far I've had to do a hard reset about 5 times. Once when I replaced my phone, twice when instructed by Sprint because my phone stopped working, twice when a homebrew application went wacky. Even if I didn't use homebrew apps, it would be three times.

Each of those resets have required all sorts of re-installing and re-configuring. In my opinion, that's the single biggest shortcoming of the Pre. I can live without cut/paste. I cannot risk entering data and possibly losing it before I enter the same data someplace else.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLBurger View Post
    While I don't believe there's a way to back it up yet, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. It will only be an issue if you have to perform a hard reset (or webOS Doctor), so as far as updates go and everything you're good.
    I'd like to webos doctor before updating to 1.2, i have a million hacks, many of them manual code edits since i've been doing this since day one, pretty much impossible to undo that without doctoring at this point...