Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by pugs1721 View Post
    Ok so I am relatively new to the pre world (just got my pre this weekend). I had to do some resets of the device to get it working with the Sprint network. Now its up and rocking with no problems so far. However before I did the resets of the device, I did some tweaking via the WebOS Quick Install. The problem that I am having now is that WebOS Quick Install does not recognize the tweaks that I have performed, and I don't remember which ones I was playing with before I had to do the device resets. Any ideas on how to get them to show back up in the tweaks menu as what I have selected? Thanks.
    look at the tweaks menu,then go through your phone and see whats on there.
    Quote Originally Posted by pugs1721 View Post
    Ok so I am relatively new to the pre world (just got my pre this weekend). I had to do some resets of the device to get it working with the Sprint network. Now its up and rocking with no problems so far. However before I did the resets of the device, I did some tweaking via the WebOS Quick Install. The problem that I am having now is that WebOS Quick Install does not recognize the tweaks that I have performed, and I don't remember which ones I was playing with before I had to do the device resets. Any ideas on how to get them to show back up in the tweaks menu as what I have selected? Thanks.
    If you have updated your WebOsQuickIntall to 2.5 or higher, then the tweaks will not show, You need to find version 2.03 and use that to remove each tweak one at a time, once all the tweaks are off then you can reinstall them with 2.51.
    There is a couple of links in the forum for the old version (2.03) just search for it and you will be golden.

Hope this helps

Pete
    There's always next year!
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scuzlebutt View Post
    If you have updated your WebOsQuickIntall to 2.5 or higher, then the tweaks will not show, You need to find version 2.03 and use that to remove each tweak one at a time, once all the tweaks are off then you can reinstall them with 2.51.
    There is a couple of links in the forum for the old version (2.03) just search for it and you will be golden.

Hope this helps

Pete
    The only version of WebOS that I have installed and used is 2.52, i have never used 2.03
    Last edited by pugs1721; 09/22/2009 at 02:13 PM. Reason: forgot part
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    i just ended up using webos doctor and wiped it and started again, now everything appears good to go
    quick question...have removed all my tweaks, but still have 6 launcher pages...do I need to put the add/delete launcher pages tweak back on and remove the 3 extra pages before the update (then remove the tweak of course)?
    I'm getting my phone ready for 1.2. I've removed all my tweaks from Quick Install v2.52. The only problem I'm worried about is the themes. I had installed some different themes using PreWare to the point that some of my screens were still messed up (boot logo, launcher page). I used this:
    (default theme for the Pre)com.prethemer.themes.default_1.1.0_all.ipk
    to restore my original screens and all "looks" good, but now I have a package installed for the original theme. If I remove it, I get the messed up boot screen and launcher again. Any ideas on whether this should be safe?
    I would do it just to be safe, that's just me though, it takes less than 30 mins to put tweaks, themes, boots, etc back on the phone. So take everything off just to be safe bc its easier to do this than webOS doctor!
    Yea, I believe if you did an on-device erase, that'd erase the config settings. I'll modify it in future releases to write config somewhere else
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I must agree with that
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    thats odd, I posted more than just I agree, but its not on the post.

?hu

I agree with that

If you cant stop the updates then updating to the leaked 1.2
    For those that may have missed it, check out this link: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...r-utility.html

Jason has fixed all our problems, the man is a genius.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345