Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 91
  1. #61  
    Did anyone ask if the Packet manager need to be removed.
  2. stubbs's Avatar
    Posts
    425 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by remotewillie View Post
    connect the Pre via USB
    choose charge option
    at the prompt c:\
    type novacom -t open tty://
    then sudo -i
    then cd
    sudo quilt pop -a
    then quilt applied
    to see the patches applied
    then reboot
    All good except the line "then cd" needs to be "cd /"! If you're not in the root (/) directory, you'll have problems with quilt. Typing "cd" without an argument takes you to root's home directory, which is not the same. Just a note.
  3. #63  
    Ok. I have an issue after I "unchecked" all my tweaks from the WebOSQuickInstall...

    I can not open any of my texts. I get the alerts and the "bubbles" at the bottom and when I click them, nothing happens. If I go into the messaging app, I can see all my new messages(it even shows the number of new messages from each contact waiting for me) but when I click them, nothing happens...


    Anyone seen this happen and/or knows how to fix? I've tried a reset and that didn't work.
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel76 View Post
    Ok. I have an issue after I "unchecked" all my tweaks from the WebOSQuickInstall...

    I can not open any of my texts. I get the alerts and the "bubbles" at the bottom and when I click them, nothing happens. If I go into the messaging app, I can see all my new messages(it even shows the number of new messages from each contact waiting for me) but when I click them, nothing happens...


    Anyone seen this happen and/or knows how to fix? I've tried a reset and that didn't work.

    3rd to last post from Jason. Good luck.
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by jokerzwyld77 View Post
    3rd to last post from Jason. Good luck.

    jokerzwyld77,

    Can you please link me to the exact post you're talking about?

    I don't know who Jason is and if it's a post in this 4 page thread, I don't see anything in this thread about my issue...

    Thanks!
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
  6. ericp74's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    #66  
    You can find it Here..
  7. enm2307's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #67  
    I know we are supposed to move all patches like the keyboard and tweaks like the 4x4 and stuff. but what about themes and logos unstalled via Web OS as an ipk? do those go too?
  8. #68  
    sorry for the dumb question, but has the 1.2 update been released?
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by cheech004 View Post
    sorry for the dumb question, but has the 1.2 update been released?
    Not yet...probably next thursday
  10. #70  
    thank u
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by enm2307 View Post
    I know we are supposed to move all patches like the keyboard and tweaks like the 4x4 and stuff. but what about themes and logos unstalled via Web OS as an ipk? do those go too?
    I would do it just in case, you never know if images (names, locations, sizes) will be changed.

    The ipks can easily be uninstalled and reinstalled via Webos Quick Install so it's an easy step to take for some peace of mind.
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!
    ***UNINSTALL THEMES BEFORE INSTALLING NEW ONES!***

    My Themes | Follow @PreThemer on Twitter!
  12. #72  
    New to Pre as of Saturday, I am really excited about HomeBrew Aps, but have decided to wait for 1.2 before I start hacking. Given only 1-2 weeks away, why start now?

    Seems as though most HomeBrew aps will go to the Catalog and not be free anymore, therefore homebrew aps I download now may not work anymore. Also, worried that anything I install now will fail when 1.2 comes out?

    Installed a lot of stuff from 800w forums. Great people over there, hopefully the same support over here. Love the phone, see lots of upside.

    Wolfie
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by beachboy View Post
    New to Pre as of Saturday, I am really excited about HomeBrew Aps, but have decided to wait for 1.2 before I start hacking. Given only 1-2 weeks away, why start now?

    Seems as though most HomeBrew aps will go to the Catalog and not be free anymore, therefore homebrew aps I download now may not work anymore. Also, worried that anything I install now will fail when 1.2 comes out?

    Installed a lot of stuff from 800w forums. Great people over there, hopefully the same support over here. Love the phone, see lots of upside.

    Wolfie
    Homebrew apps will not hurt your phone, unless they are doing something to the WebOs code (most do not do this). Install to your hearts content.

    Now when it comes to hacking, or in lay terms, dinking with the OS, that could be troublesome when you try to update to 1.2 or any other future version of WebOs. Keep that in mind and be maticulous about removing changes before updating.
  14. tben339's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #74  
    Please forgive my newbishness... I just got my Pre about 2 weeks ago and have not gone through an update yet.

    I have searched the forums and read several threads so I have somewhat of an idea, but basically I'm looking for clear, step-by-step directions on how to NOT install the 1.2 update until after I remove all my tweaks.

    I'm not interested in the "block automatic updates" patch. When 1.2 is released over the air, I just want to be able to delay it long enough to uninstall my tweaks. (rather than uninstalling them and then waiting for the update)

    Thanks in advance!
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by tben339 View Post
    Please forgive my newbishness... I just got my Pre about 2 weeks ago and have not gone through an update yet.

    I have searched the forums and read several threads so I have somewhat of an idea, but basically I'm looking for clear, step-by-step directions on how to NOT install the 1.2 update until after I remove all my tweaks.

    I'm not interested in the "block automatic updates" patch. When 1.2 is released over the air, I just want to be able to delay it long enough to uninstall my tweaks. (rather than uninstalling them and then waiting for the update)

    Thanks in advance!
    It will let you delay the patch for something like 1 or 2 weeks before it will force you to update.
  16. NickOrsak's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #76  
    Do themes need to be removed before 1.2?
  17. awrnsmn's Avatar
    Posts
    646 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickOrsak View Post
    Do themes need to be removed before 1.2?
    It has been said it is a good idea to remove themes incase file names change...hope this helps
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    I'm sure this has been covered already, but (as pointed out on the OP) you shouldn't have to remove your homebrew apps (so the tip to go to "device mgmt" under WebOS Quick Install is not valid), but what you SHOULD do is remove any tweaks you've enabled/installed.

    And for that, using WebOS Quick Install, just go into tools-> tweaks. From there, just uncheck all tweaks you've enabled, ensuring that you allow the GUI to restart itself in-between the tweaks -don't go disabling them all at once, take your time.
    This is not working for me. None of the tweaks I did are checked... But the tweaks are still on my phone.
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
  19. pugs1721's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #79  
    Ok so I am relatively new to the pre world (just got my pre this weekend). I had to do some resets of the device to get it working with the Sprint network. Now its up and rocking with no problems so far. However before I did the resets of the device, I did some tweaking via the WebOS Quick Install. The problem that I am having now is that WebOS Quick Install does not recognize the tweaks that I have performed, and I don't remember which ones I was playing with before I had to do the device resets. Any ideas on how to get them to show back up in the tweaks menu as what I have selected? Thanks.
  20. #80  
    Whoops...disregard.
    Last edited by mikah912; 09/22/2009 at 01:22 PM.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions