Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If this is in the wrong place I apologize, I'm just excited.

I live in the middle of nowhere and do not have any high speed options available to me, (other than HughesNet) But I happen to be in an area with great sprint coverage. Using the awesomeness of the Pre's tethering abilities(with My Tether) I was able to daisy-chain my pre/laptop/ps3 together to work in gaming bliss over the EVDO network.

Im not sure if anyone cares, But I do and I just wanted to share.
    good job
    Thats Great ... Homebrew Crew is The Best....
    Watch your data usage.... and watch your bill...
    Some people have said the 5gb cap doesn't apply to phones but I have been using it as a cut off point just to be safe, no problems so far
    Interesting. Cool.
  7.    #7  
    The phone's data plan is for unlimited use, but I dont plan on doing it a whole lot. Useful as hell for updating my ps3s firmware and for game updates though.
    ...and hosting killzone2, right? what happened to that?!
  9.    #9  
    Lol, I will, Don't worry. Still not home right now but I am interested in seeing how it will handle me hosting a match.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    How did you get it to work for the ps3? I have mytether set up on my phone and my laptop has no problem finding the wifi signal, however my ps3 will not find my pre's wifi connection
    he daisychained it. And the 5GB is only for data cards. I have asked sprint cc several times on this w/the same answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    he daisychained it. And the 5GB is only for data cards. I have asked sprint cc several times on this w/the same answer.

Ummm, what does that (daisychained) mean and how is it done?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    That is pretty nice I was just telling a coworker with an iphone that I can get online with the ps3 through my palm pre. He didn't really believe me, and he was half right. I have never done it my self but was pretty sure it was possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Niris777 View Post
    Ummm, what does that (daisychained) mean and how is it done?
    In effect, he turned his laptop into a router.

Laptop get's the internet connection from the pre over wifi, and then shares it with the PS3, presumably over a regular network cable.

How you do it depends on what operating system you're using. Windows, Mac, and most flavors of linux have everything you need already built in for "internet connection sharing" with minimal work.

Just take a look at this.
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    The lag on that must be terrible. You start off with the cell reception, which is already going to have a lot of latency, then you add a bit more with wifi and then even more from the laptop itself. Try doing a speed test on the PS3 browser to see what you latency get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre-ternatural View Post
    If this is in the wrong place I apologize, I'm just excited.

I live in the middle of nowhere and do not have any high speed options available to me, (other than HughesNet) But I happen to be in an area with great sprint coverage. Using the awesomeness of the Pre's tethering abilities(with My Tether) I was able to daisy-chain my pre/laptop/ps3 together to work in gaming bliss over the EVDO network.

Im not sure if anyone cares, But I do and I just wanted to share.
    Any chance you could post instructions on how you got this to work?

Tell me if I got it correct?

1. Turn on MyTether and connect to Pre with laptop
    2. Enable Internet Connection Sharing on the laptop (right click on the wireless connection to the Pre in Network Connections)
    3. Connect laptop to PS3 with standard ethernet cable (I'm assuming you didn't use a crossover cable?)
    4. Go to network settings on the PS3 and run an automatic scan to discover the connection

Is there anything I'm missing? Any network settings that need to be changed on the laptop or PS3, etc?

Thanks
    So I have been trying this for a very long time. I'm not so techsmart like most others here, but I will say that I have exhausted almost every option. My connection is at 'very good' on the Vista laptop I'm using that's tethered to the pre. I have a cat5 crossover ethernet cable (only one I found in my house) and its connected to the ps3. Everything is connected and the internet works on the laptop (hence this post). I'm giving up for today, I need more help than I have been able to find anywhere. Can anyone help me, and others like me, out?
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    have you tried getting the mobile hot spot to work?
    Step by step Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) setup in Vista | Windows Reference

Quick reference Im sure you ran into.
    Did you ever restarted the Host station to ensure the application of settings? Windows loves restarts :P
    I had made a tutorial for this using mobile hotspot

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...0-psp-etc.html
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast