Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Many people rave about how the Pre-when connected to the vehicle aux input jack and a call comes in while listening to pandora/music player-is able to stay connected to the aux input and have the pre's mic activate, giving them seamless hands free functionality.

To date i have been unable to duplicate this.
    When i am streaming pandora or playing music/navigating and a call comes in the caller cannot hear me if the pre is plugged into aux. The audio outputs to my car speakers, but the pre's mic is disabled.

The only way to continue the call is to put the speaker on, but this disables the aux output, or to take the cable out altogether.

anyone else having this issue?
    Mine never works on the first call, but then it magically works.
    Quote Originally Posted by tripsbacks View Post
    Mine never works on the first call, but then it magically works.
    Ditto. A bit of a PITA: "Hello? Hello? Hellooooo?!"
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Mine does the same thing..Any help would be really nice! Anyone know of a way to resolve this issue?
    i had mine work once when a call came in while plugged into my radio receiver in my work truck, i could hear them over the speakers in truck and still talk to them and they could hear me ,then it never worked again and i dont know why?! would like it to work though for sure.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Just wondering if anyone has an answer for this yet??
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Never had this problem. My mic has worked since day one while plugged into aux in my car.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Mark me down as having the same problem...can hear them over the speakers, but they cannot hear me until i unplug the aux cable
    someone look into this please . dev's do you hear us lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    @slyfox.....so when you get a call the mic still works while pluged into your ax. input ?
    man it must be nice!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Partial Solution:

I heard about this before the 1.1 update and occasionally could get it to work, but more often than not, it wouldn't. (The good news is that it's more reliable after the 1.1 update.) I tried tracking the problem down one Saturday by repeatedly calling my wife. She put up with me long enough to discover that there wasn't a simple solution (plugging, unplugging the Aux jack, using the phone mute/unmute, quitting all apps 1st, etc.)

The only REAL solution that works for me every single time takes 2 minutes to set up... that's right, you have to plug-in to the stereo aux first, then reboot. By the way, a software reboot from the Info app, or pressing Orange > Sym > "R" both work the same. Once you unplug, reliability of mic working drops back down to 50/50.
    kool i will try this out for sure ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  13.    #13  
    While that may be a partial solution for say maybe a road trip, it's just not reasonable to do a restart everytime i get into my car. Hopefully 1.2 fixes this issue.
    I have never had a problem with the mic while using a pre and aux input combination, however I found it impractical since my conversation would have the worst echo effect ever.

I realize people have had this combo work without any echo, but I haven't had such luck and will stick to my HFL.
    Mine would not work unless I turn on the car speaker before plugging in the aux cable. Don't know whether this will help.
    It's important to note that this is not an intended way of using the phone (I don't think). The pre detects different states of the headphone jack: nothing plugged in, headset plugged in (headphones + mic--4 conductors on the plug), and regular headphones plugged in (3 conductors on the plug). They way my pre works, and the way I believe it is intended to work, is that if you have regular headphones plugged in, the pre should have the microphone on the face enabled (speakerphone mode), but the sound should come through the headphones. When you have a headset plugged in, the mic on the headset should be used instead. With nothing plugged in, the mic on the face should be used either in speakerphone mode or in handset mode.

With the problems that people have had with no sound coming from the earpiece because the pre sometimes thinks that something is plugged in when it isn't or isn't when it is, it's likely that the people for whom this is not working are having a similar problem but with the mic detector instead of the headphones detector. To fix it, you might try plugging and unplugging your headset that came with the pre or another 4 conductor plug.

And keep in mind that it won't work well in a noisy environment, and you'll get echo if you turn the speakers up too high, and it won't work well if you're not aiming your mouth towards the microphone. Since this mode was designed to be used with headphones, the designers probably counted on you having the pre in your hand.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    What I read in another thread is that any program that addresses the headphone jack should be closed *before* plugging into the aux jack. Just to be on the safe side, I close all cards, then plug in, and I never have a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by phidalgo View Post
    I have never had a problem with the mic while using a pre and aux input combination, however I found it impractical since my conversation would have the worst echo effect ever.

I realize people have had this combo work without any echo, but I haven't had such luck and will stick to my HFL.
    It depends tremendously on the overall noise level in your car. In a quiet car, you don't need the speakers turned up so much to hear, and the mic won't pick it up. In a louder car (like mine) you need the volume up much higher to hear clearly, and the mic picks it up (along with all the other noise).
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    This worked Awesome for me in version 1.2 then went dead in 1.3.1 has anyone else had this problem It was one of the greatest oops features for me. maybe in the webos update it can be addressed i really dont wanna doctor back to 1.2 just for that but i really miss the feature I havent seen much talk about the topic since september sooo. im assuming its either working for others or we just gave up? any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by robmelko View Post
    This worked Awesome for me in version 1.2 then went dead in 1.3.1 has anyone else had this problem It was one of the greatest oops features for me. maybe in the webos update it can be addressed i really dont wanna doctor back to 1.2 just for that but i really miss the feature I havent seen much talk about the topic since september sooo. im assuming its either working for others or we just gave up? any input would be greatly appreciated.
    plug in jack and reboot phone it should work after that ,for a while anyways .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast